Wish Assist Manager, Eindhoven
Make-A-Wish International is the umbrella organization of 41 affiliates on 5 different continents, all sharing the same mission: Together, we create life changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
The head office of the International Office is in Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America. Our European Regional Office, working for the global organization, is located in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
The Affiliate Relations Department is looking for a new team member:
Wish Assist Manager (40 hours a week)
As the Wish Assist Manager you will be responsible for supporting Make-A-Wish International affiliates and Make-A-Wish America chapters with wish assistance for children and families traveling outside their affiliate’s territory. In addition you will help organizing special wish events like the Olympics. If needed you support the Affiliate Relations Team in all areas of office administration and day-to-day business. You will participate in special projects, trainings, meetings and assignments as directed.
Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus, as well as the ability to listen and to build relationships with a diverse set of cultures and team members abroad.
This position requires the ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments to support the Eindhoven office and 41 affiliates around the world.
The Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You take care of the wish portal (Salesforce). You release wishes when they meet certain conditions and you stimulate good communication between affiliates.
- You assist with organizing special wish events, like the Olympics, the World Cup and others.
- You make reports based on the information in the wish portal.
- You help with the logistics for the global and regional conferences.
- You do general secretary tasks for the Affiliate Relations Team:
- Responds to public inquiries about the organization. Assists with preparation and mailing of documents and reports.
- Taking care of correspondence, planning meetings, supplies, filing, planning conference calls, copying, and scheduling.
- Administrative bookkeeping and filing of receipts, etc.
- Organization of Affiliate Relations staff travel logistics
- Assists in the formatting of training presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Competencies & Qualifications
- Excellent administrative and secretarial skills.
- Education and/or experience in event management or hospitality is preferred.
- Experience in a travel agency preferred
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Proficient on Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential work
- Strong IT and organizational skills.
- Capable of working independently.
- Detail oriented, with ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a busy office undertaking a variety of tasks
- Willing to work flexible hours
What do we offer?
We offer an interesting position in an international organization with an inspirational mission, which connects people from all over the world.
The employment agreement will be for a definite term of 1 year with the possibility of prolongation.
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English to Corine Heuvelmans, Director Affiliate Relations, Program: firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 July 2018.