Senior Advisor HR
The Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre supports the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and its partners in climate risk management. We have over 40 staff based in twenty countries and currently have approximately 30 ongoing projects across four continents. This represents a gradual annual growth over the last few years.
We work without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre has opened a vacancy for a:
Senior Advisor HR
(The Hague, 16-24 hours p/w)
Purpose of the position
The Climate Centre is looking for a Senior Human Resources Advisor who will lead the human resources-related work of the organization, work closely with staff in the office in the Netherlands, and advise the Management Team and director on human resource-related planning, control and risk management.
The Climate Centre team has grown over the past few years and current policies and procedures need to be reviewed and in some cases updated to support this growth. The Senior HR Advisor will be tasked with reviewing our full suite of existing HR policies and procedures and ensure their full clarity and completeness. Where appropriate, the new hire will assess if there is need for modifications or improvement of existing policies and procedures and provide an evidenced-based analysis and recommendation to the Management Team on how to proceed. This position requires knowledge of the current Dutch HR practices and law as well as disposition to work with a global, virtual team.
- Review, update and document all of the Climate Centre’s policies and procedures related to HR, including relevant translated parts of the Collective Bargaining Agreement for our English speaking team.
- Ensure implementation of new and existing HR procedures
- Provide strategic input to the Management Team on decisions related to HR policies and procedures
- Liaise with the Netherlands Red Cross HR department for guidance and to ensure full support for Climate Centre policies
- Review insurance policies and serve as main contact for AON insurance
- Coordinate security policies and liaise with Netherlands Red Cross and IFRC security units
- Support the line managers (on the Management Team) with application and selection procedures of new Short Term and Long Term consultants and staff members
- Track and prepare contract renewals for staff (office and Long Term Contracts)
- Respond to team members’ HR-related queries in a timely manner
- Support the Management Team in developing and where appropriate (re)writing processes and procedures on the following subjects (including but not limited to):
- Performance Appraisal policy including an update on scales & salaries, exit procedures and Results-oriented Agreements (ROA) planning support
- Benefits explanation for team including hardware purchase policy, training & development section, sickness and care in family, loss in immediate family and part-time work
- Review of the Training and Development section of the NLRK and write up for MT
- Lead on ROA planning process and contract renewals throughout the year
- Main contact for insurer (AON) on general and personal insurance policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
Skills and experience
- 10+ years of HR experience with a minimum of five years in a senior advisory position
- Familiarity with Dutch labor laws and HR systems (such as CAOs)
- At least five years of experience working the field of international development
- Experience working with an international team is desirable
- Proficiency in oral and written English is required
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and develop creative solutions for a diverse, global and virtual team
- A part time appointment (based on 40-hour work week) for 1 year, with the possibility of extension depending on satisfactory performance and continued need.
- A flexible and human-centred working environment in an international environment with a variety of international organizations.
- Well-balanced employment conditions with space for initiative and development.
The salary scale level is set at 12 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. (min.€ 4,400 until max. € 6,000 gross per month on the basis of full time employment).
- Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference to Senior Human Resources Advisor before May 14 using our online application tool.
- For more information about the position, you can contact Olette Manhoudt at: email@example.com.
- An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
- Click here for more information of the work of the Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre or find us on Twitter.
Acquisition for this vacancy will not be appreciated.