We help to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations and we respond to disasters and conflicts to save lives and alleviate suffering. In the Netherlands with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally through technical assistance, supplies and money. Together we act before, during and after disasters to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Assistance department is responsible for all Netherlands Red Cross international support for victims of disasters and conflicts and for vulnerable people exposed to hazards.
The International Assistance department has opened a vacancy for a:
Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali and Haiti
The Hague, 40 hours p/w, annual contract (with option to extend)
Purpose of the role:
The Portfolio Officer (PO) is responsible, at headquarter level, for the NLRC portfolio of international aid projects in Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali and Haiti, including the planning, monitoring and deliverables of projects and supporting the project delegates in the field. Together with the Partnership & Portfolio Coordinator (PPC), the PO is responsible for the project portfolio development in the mentioned partner countries.
Position within the organization:
The Portfolio Officer is managed by the head of the Programmatic Partnerships unit and forms a desk with the Partnership & Portfolio Coordinator.
Content of the role:
- Management of the portfolio of projects in Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali and Haiti;
- Support the project cycle of international humanitarian aid projects in collaboration and though regular contact with the delegates in the field, national Red Cross Red Crescent Societies, and programme managers and advisors at HQ;
- In cooperation with the delegates in the field, and various departments at HQ, monitor and guide the quality of projects and support to provide timely substantive narrative and financial reports;
- Ensure proper project administration, including financial administration, in collaboration with Project Administrators, Financial Controllers, Desk Assistants and delegates in the field;
- Coordinate and facilitate necessary technical, financial and PME support to the field;
- In collaboration with the PPC, delegates in the field and the Business Development unit, assist with resource mobilization activities and drafting proposals for newly identified emergency response/development projects;
- As requested by the PPC, provide input to long-term strategic plans and context analyzes;
- Provide support to the PPC on recruitment of delegates for projects within the portfolio;
- Extensive administrative work to document, initiate and update necessary information in CRM (Space)
- A graduate degree in international development or related field and/or equivalent experience;
- At least one year of work experience in the humanitarian sector;
- experience working internationally is a plus;
- Experience with managing projects and/or monitoring project planning and goals;
- Financial skills such as preparing budgets and monitoring (financial) project indicators are a strong asset;
- Excellent oral and written command of the English language, working ability in the French language, Dutch language is a strong asset;
- Excellent communication skills (proposals, reporting, correspondence) with strong interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Patience in the face of extensive administrative processes and possible delays;
- Team player, supportive towards colleagues, relationship builder, culturally competent, diplomatic, able to work independently;
- Able to work in politically complex and challenging environments;
- Available to travel to the field when required (approx. 2x a year);
- Skills in Word and Excel, quick learner of Internet-based management systems, such as Space and Intranet.
- A full timeappointment (based on 40-hour work week) for one year, with the possibility of extension.
- A flexible and human centred working environment in an international environment with a variety of international organizations.
- Well balanced employment conditions with space for initiative and development.
Remuneration: the salary scale level is set at scale 10 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. (min. € 2.918,94 until max. € 3.710,34 gross per month on the basis of full time employment).
Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference to Rob Vugs before 28 February 2020 using our online application tool via https://werkenbij.rodekruis.nl/nl/Vacancy/Postulate/153608
For more information please contact Alexandra den Hond, Portfolio Officer, at email@example.com
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information of the work of the Netherlands Red Cross please go to www.rodekruis.nl. NLRC on Facebook: Facebook.com/rodekruis and Twitter: Twitter.com/rodekruis
Acquisition for his vacancy will not be appreciated
- Address Verenigingskantoor Nederlandse Rode Kruis, Anna van Saksenlaan, Den Haag, Nederland