We help to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations and we respond to disasters and conflicts to save lives and alleviate suffering. In the Netherlands with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally through technical assistance, supplies and money. Together we act before, during and after disasters to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Assistance department is responsible for all Netherlands Red Cross international support for victims of disasters and conflicts and for vulnerable people exposed to hazards.
The International Assistance department has opened a vacancy for a:
Institutional Donor Liaison Officer
(The Hague 36-40hours p/w)
Purpose of the position
As Institutional Donor Liaison Officer your first objective is to secure, intensify and increase the collaboration with our Institutional Donors. You work closely with other teams at The Netherlands Red Cross, including our technical advisors, country teams, fundraising teams, and the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation team. You will support ‘field-based’ colleagues in strengthening their capacities to engage with donors and provide in-country support to proposal development when needed.
This position is based in The Hague and operates from the Business Development & Advisory (BD&A) Unit, with a direct report to the Institutional Donor Coordinator.
The business development and advisory unit serves the mission of the Red Cross with:
- Supporting projects with thematic expertise (WASH, health, response preparedness, DRR and community resilience);
- Coordination of institutional donor liaison and resource mobilization;
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs;
- Enabling humanitarian innovation.
From this Unit you will work with four other Units within the International Assistance division. The Disaster Response Unit, Programme Management Unit, the Programmatic Partnership Unit and the Strategic Partnership Unit, and with other Netherlands Red Cross staff that works on partnerships and fund raising.
- Prepare bids and co-write proposals;
- Recruit and coordinate consultants for proposal writing activities;
- Keep track and organise the response to funding opportunities;
- Plan and shape resource mobilization around specific geographical contexts and thematic areas;
- Build the capacity of colleagues on institutional donor liaison and proposal development;
- Connect with other members of the Red Cross movement (including for example other Red Cross national societies, IFRC and ICRC) to strategically access funding;
- Contribute to institutional donor liaison strategy and planning;
- Support capacity building for non HQ staff in the field of donor engagement.
Coordination of proposal development (including liaison with Red Cross Red Crescent movement and non-movement partners).
You have a work permit for The Netherlands and have a bachelor or university degree in relevant field (e.g. Development Studies, Law, Political Science, International Relations, Business Administration, etc.)
Skills and experience:
- 2 years professional experience in institutional donor liaison (ECHO/DEVCO and Government or similar donors);
- 2 years professional experience with multi-partner and multi-country programme proposal development;
- Excellent coordination skills, with a focus on results and ability to meet deadlines;
- Proven power to mobilize resources;
- Excellent project leader to coordinate complex processes and partnerships;
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building in resource mobilization is an advantage;
- 2 years field based experience in the sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and/or Asia context is an advantage (private sector or non-profit);
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Command of French and Dutch is an asset.
- You are engaging and enjoy working with others, you are not afraid to take the lead if needed, you have a drive to contribute to the mission of the Red Cross, you are results-driven, you keep oversight easily and you are flexible.
- You are available to travel when required (max up to 15% of your time).
- A full time appointment (based on 36-40-hour work week) for 1 year, with the possibility of extension depending on availability of funds.
- A flexible and human centred working environment in an international environment with a variety of international organizations.
- Well balanced employment conditions with space for initiative and development.
Remuneration: the salary scale level is set at 11 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. (min. € 3.207,01 until max. € 4.242,68 gross per month on the basis of fulltime employment).
Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference to Annemieke van Teeffelen before 3 February 2020 using our online application tool via https://werkenbij.rodekruis.nl/nl/Vacancy/Postulate/150820
For more information about the position, you can contact Klaartje Docters van Leeuwen at Kdocters@redcross.nl.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition for his vacancy will not be appreciated
- Address Verenigingskantoor Nederlandse Rode Kruis, Anna van Saksenlaan, Den Haag, Nederland