Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in Germany, India and the UK. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 30 countries. MSF-OCA deploys 1,300 international staff per annum and employs 8,500 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland is located in Amsterdam and hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Logistics Department (LogD) supports the overall purpose of MSF, providing logistics and technical support to the OCA field operations. The department is responsible for providing strategic direction, integrated advice and hands on support to logistics and technical issues in the field. The department is made up of the Field Support Unit (FSU) and the Amsterdam Procurement Unit (APU).
With immediate effect Artsen zonder Grenzen has a temporary vacancy for a
Quality Assurance Medical Device Specialist (100%)
Based in Amsterdam for six months
Under the responsibility of the Head of the Logistics Department and the international Quality Assurance Medical Device Coordinator (QAMD), identify and validate the sources of supply according to the quality standards required by MSF to meet the needs of the MSF Missions.
- Validate sources of supply to meet the needs expressed by the Missions, in compliance with the MSF European directives and standards, in collaboration with the technical referents of the operational centres and working groups and the international Quality Assurance Medical Device Coordinator (QAMD).
- Guarantee the quality of the Medical Device database and the document flow/repositories.
- Provide technical expertise supporting procurement and importation
- Ensure quality control of the products purchased in collaboration with the Supplier, the Product Specialists and MSF OCA Operations, to ensure the continuity of the supply of the Missions :
- Where needed, provide technical expertise and support for identification and validation of local sources for high-risk medical devices in cooperation with Product Specialists and international Quality Assurance Medical Device Coordinator (QAMD).
- Ideally, the candidate assumes next to his/her responsibility for QA Medical Devices also responsibility as QA referent for PPE.
- Contribute to the definition and updating of the validation procedure, standards and files produced in collaboration with the technical referents of the Operational Centres, Working Groups and International Coordination.
- You have Bachelor level professional qualification obtained through education or working experience as a nurse, pharmacist, assortment coordinator, or regulatory affairs officer.
- At least two years of professional experience in the field of medical devices and in a central purchasing environment, hospital pharmacy or supply chain in commercial sector.
- Strong technical product knowledge, database management experience, technical data research and analysis, document management, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- You are rigorously organised, analytical and show initiative with strong communication and collaborative qualities, are pragmatic and able to work in a consultative and supportive framework.
- Prepared to travel to the field if necessary or for MSF meetings held in Europe.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required; Dutch is an asset.
- Results & Quality Orientation
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Analytical thinking
- Customer orientation
- A contract for six months with a full time appointment based on 5 days per week. If found suitable, preference will be given to candidates able to start at short notice.
- A gross monthly salary between € 3,360 and € 4,798 based on relevant experience for this position and for a 40-hours working week.
- A premium-free pension and 30 holidays per year based on a 40-hours working week
- A challenging position in a stimulating, professional and international working environment
Application & Information
For more information about this position, please contact Klasien Hoeve, Head of the Logistics Department: Klasien.Hoeve@amsterdam.msf.org
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply Now’ button
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document
The closing date for application is 25 May 2020
First round Interviews will be held on 2 and 3 June 2020
Second round interviews will be held on 5 June 2020
The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of the applications
***acquisition is not appreciated***
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland EUR Month