Project Manager SONGO
Nature of Job:
ICCO is currently seeking a Project Manager (PM) to lead and manage Sustained Opportunity for Nutrition Governance (SONGO), an integrated nutrition program in Gaibandha, Bangladesh. The PM shall ensure technical excellence in the delivery of all activities.
Country Program Overview:
Since 1973 ICCO Bangladesh has been providing technical assistance on a range of programs that include food and nutrition security, economic empowerment, and disaster management.
Mobilizing rural communities and engaging them in developing inclusive sustainable and profitable income generating opportunities and building resilient local agro-food systems is the guiding direction of ICCO in Bangladesh. ICCO’s livelihoods projects are designed to improve health and nutrition behaviors at the household level through promotion of the Essential Nutrition and Hygiene Actions (ENHA), particularly for improving Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN), and increasing the availability and utilization of nutrient-dense foods, especially for pregnant and lactating women and children under two. Our programs are co-created and co-implemented in partnership with cooperative members in the Netherlands, and 17 local partner organizations, reaching more than 1.5 million people in the country till date.
The EU objective of this project is to implement at local level innovative, resilient and scalable nutrition governance pro-poor models which are validated and aligned with national policies
- Improved household nutrition and health behaviors
- Increase use of quality nutrition and health services by women and children
- Improved Access to diverse and nutrient-rich foods by women and children
- Accelerated roll-out of the Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan through strengthened local governance.
Reporting to the Country Director, Bangladesh, the Project Manager serves as the representative and consortium member lead for SONGO. S/he is responsible for the overall leadership, management, coordination and operations of the project, and works in close collaboration with the deputy chiefs of party to ensure achievement of its objectives and maximize project resources.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Serve as the primary conduit of information to/from the European Union regarding the project.
- Ensure that all technical areas of the project are integrated and delivered at high quality, making the most effective and efficient use of all program resources.
- Oversee strategic planning and work plan and budget development, quarterly reporting and other requirements, including periodic “success stories.”
- Provide management expertise technical and programmatic decisions in coordination with the Operations Lead and the donor.
- Ensure the program is well monitored; data collected, analysed and reported to appropriate stakeholders, in a timely manner.
- Ensure all program deliverables are successfully completed.
- Ensure that activities are implemented in compliance with the requirements of European Union and ICCO rules and regulations.
- Create a supportive working environment to optimize communication and performance of team members.
- Ensure coordination with consortium partners, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
- Manage national level relationships with Ministry of Health and Population, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development and other key Government of Bangladesh partners.
- Represent the program at meetings and other functions with other consortium partners, collaborating partners, senior government officials (at district and national level) and donor agencies.
- Oversee project finance and operations ensuring effective use of resources at all levels of the project.
Skills/Knowledge & Qualification:
- A minimum of ten years of directly relevant experience in a managerial position in nutrition or public health programs in developing countries, and ideally in Bangladesh or elsewhere in Asia, with a minimum of three years of developing country field experience in management or technical assistance to a large community nutrition or primary health care program.
- A postgraduate degree (master’s or doctoral level) in public health, nutrition, health sciences, or a related field and demonstrated experience in management of large, community-based projects and in management of large interdisciplinary teams.
- At least seven years of experience in program management and administration, financial management, award compliance, sub-award management, and tracking performance and costs via specific funding streams. Previous experience of management of EU funded programs is an advantage.
- Experience with organizational capacity development, strengthening systems, management and leadership skills, decentralization, and good governance of the public sector, civil society organizations, NGOs, or multi-sector bodies to achieve sustainable outcomes, especially in developing countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and background in community mobilization strategies.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Proven leadership skills plus demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff.
- Excellent written and speaking English skills. Bengali language ability is strongly preferred. Dutch language ability is an advantage
- Working days from Sunday to Thursday with 40 hours per week. This position may be required to work some overtime hours to attend meetings/workshops/Training.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Assist to implement other projects of ICCO.
- Yearly renewable the contract based on fund availability and performance.
Salary & benefits:
Competitive salary package depending on education and experience.
- Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, The subject line should be ” Project Manager -SONGO ”.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be notified for the interview.
- Women are encouraged to apply
10th August, 2018