Program Developer Institutional Donors, Den Haag
We help to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations and we respond to disasters and conflicts to save lives and prevent and alleviate suffering. In the Netherlands with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally through technical assistance, supplies and money. Together we act before, during and after disasters to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people. We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Marketing and Fundraising division is responsible for all Netherlands Red Cross (NLRC) fundraising activities.
The Princes Margriet Funds serves the mission of the Red Cross with the aim to prevent human suffering:
- Supporting interventions with thematic expertise on DRR and community resilience;
- coordination of institutional donor liaison;
- enabling humanitarian innovation and sustainability.
The Princess Margriet Fund has opened a vacancy for a:
Program Developer Institutional Donors
(The Hague 32 – 40 hours p/w)
Place in the organization:
The Red Cross’s Princess Margriet Fund is committed to helping vulnerable people around the world who are repeatedly affected by natural disasters. We reach our goal by starting smart, innovative and sustainable projects that better protect and prepare people. We communicate about our projects on our crowdfunding platform (www.preventadisaster.nl).
In this position you report to the director of the Fund, and work closely with the International Assistance Department.
The position is based in The Hague and operates from the Marketing & Fundraising Unit. You are expected to travel internationally to partner countries and to the countries where institutional donors are based. The estimated travel time will be approximately 4 weeks per year.
Purpose of the position:
As Program Developer you are responsible for writing programme proposals based on business cases and coordination of institutional donor relations for NLRC-supported international programmes.
You support and coordinate sustainable relations with our institutional donors and write proposals with Red Cross partners and other partners, often in co creation and on basis of business cases. As PD you are working closely with other teams including our technical community resilience advisors, country teams, marketing, fundraising & communications teams, and the PME team.
You are responsible for:
- Building and growing our institutional resource mobilization network;
- Writing institutional donor proposals, based on business models
- Lobby and network for our programmes with institutional donors
- Coordinate proposal development for international programs in order to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations;
- Support other teams in their proposal development activities;
- Support the management of PMF with donor liaison strategies;
- Build the knowledge and skills of colleagues on institutional donor liaison and proposal development.
- Coordinate the liaison with other members of the Red Cross movement to strategically access funding;
- You have a work permit for the Netherlands and have a bachelor or university degree in relevant field. (Could be Business Administration, Sales, Development Studies, Political Science, International Affairs etc.)
Skills and experience
- + 3 years professional experience in donor liaison (Government or institutional donors);
- + 3 years professional experience with multi partner and multi country programme proposal development;
- Experience in writing business cases;
- Experience of writing successful bids/tenders; proven power to mobilize resources;
- Innovative and creative thinking and acting
- Excellent and results-driven networking skills
- Excellent project leader/coordination skills to coordinate complex processes and partnerships with results-focus and ability to meet deadlines
- Negotiation skills in setting Service Level Agreements and Contracts
- Excellent command of the English language and good command of Dutch;
- Command of French is an asset.
A flexible, human centered working environment with space for initiative and development. Remuneration: the salary scale level is set at scale 12 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. (min. € 3.581,35 until max. € 4.778,76 gross per month on the basis of full time employment). We offer opportunities to develop yourself professionally.
- Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference to Angela van der Woude, HR-officer, before 1 July, through our online application system.
- For more information about the position, please contact Liselotte de Koning, director PMF, email@example.com or 070 44 55 634.
- An online assessment will be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition for this vacancy will not be appreciated.