Equal opportunities for girls and boys. That is what Plan International is committed to. We protect girls worldwide against circumcision, child marriages, sexual exploitation and teenage pregnancies. In our projects in the field of education and work, WASH (water, sanitation, hygiene) and humanitarian aid, girls receive extra attention. This is desperately needed because they are systematically disadvantaged and discriminated against. Plan is working on improving the position of these girls and young women so that they too can decide on their own lives.
Investing in girls and young women, their families and communities will break the vicious circle of poverty and discrimination. In this way we invest in a better future for this and future generations. From Uganda to Colombia and from Mali to the Philippines: girls and young women find us by their side in more than fifty countries. To listen to them, to stand up for them and to support them in deploying their powers and talents. Always with the aim of permanently improving their lives. Plan International has projects in 54 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Plan International Netherlands works intensively in 17 of these countries.
We are looking for a:
Senior Global Account Manager
(32 – 35 hours)
January – June 2020 (maternity leave cover)
For this role we are looking for a conversation partner at senior management level who knows how to build, manage and expand strategic relationships. Our ideal candidate has a commercial and creative approach and knows how to cultivate a partnership , even in a short period. Based in the centre of Amsterdam you will work globally for one of Plan International’s largest corporate partnerships.
What will you be doing?
You are responsible for the strategic account management and for maximizing the potential of one of Plan International’s largest corporate partnerships, both in the Dutch market and globally.
You are the strategic account manager:
- You maintain the global partnership and coordinate, guide and develop the relationship between offices of Plan International and the global business partner.
- You represent Plan International as the first contact person at the business partner
- You take responsibility for the global and overall collaboration strategy for the business partnership, including the communication strategy, linking the various activities worldwide and developing vision on how the partnership can serve as an example within the Plan federation.
- You deliver reports and evaluations of the projects / programs financed by the business partner, in close collaboration with colleagues in the Netherlands and our Program Country Offices.
- You coordinate events (such as Girls in ICT Day and presentations) in the Netherlands in which the strategic partner is involved.
- You coordinate the pro bono agenda and its deployment, as well as other forms of cooperation, of the business partner at Plan offices worldwide.
You look for and develop opportunities for acquisition:
- You explore and proactively discuss future grant opportunities with the business partner.
- You coordinate the development and submission of project proposals to the business partner, in close coordination with our thematic Expert
In this role you will work closely with peers at the corporate partner, technical advisors at Plan Netherlands and colleagues in other the Plan Offices.
Skills and experience
You are a proactive, hands-on and result-oriented account manager, who is willing to travel. You are a structured and stress-resistant worker with a sense of relationships and cultural differences. Someone who knows how to deal with different interests, who knows how to maintain an overview, has an eye for detail and sets the right priorities.
Furthermore, you meet the following criteria:
- You have a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree, for example in Business Administration or International Development.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience as an international account manager in the corporate sector.
- You have experience with international project management.
- You are successful in writing and presenting suitable project proposals for collaboration with strategic partners.
- You have excellent command of Dutch and English in speech and in writing.
The following competencies are required for this position: commercial ability, environmental awareness, working together, creativity and gender sensitivity.
An interesting temporary role for six months for 32 to 35 hours per week, in a highly international environment. You can either enter into a temporary labor contract or a consultancy contract.
For employees Plan International Netherlands offers a solid benefits package with:
- A salary within the range of € 3.600 and € 4.400 gross per month for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience.
- Full compensation of commuting expenses (by public transport)
- Training opportunities within the job and for personal growth
- 5 weeks holidays on a yearly basis
- A good pension plan
If you apply as a consultant, we ask you to include an indication of your hourly rate in your motivation letter.
Are you interested?
Plan International strives for diversity in the workforce. Because employers who make everyone feel welcome and appreciate can use the power of diversity to get the best results. That is why we invite everyone who wants to share his or her talents with us to apply, regardless of cultural background, gender, age, religious preference or sexual preference.
For questions about this position please contact Olloriak Sawade, Manager Business Partnerships (Olloriak.email@example.com) or +31 (0)20 – 549 5511. Use the following link to upload your cover letter and CV: https://cvselectie.net/senior-global-accountmanager.
If you apply as a consultant, please include your hourly rate range. The deadline for application is Sunday 20 October 2019.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. Sharing this vacancy is very much appreciated.
Safeguarding children and young people is essential for Plan International. Plan International Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue will be discussed in our recruitment procedures. A recent Certificate of Conduct and a reference check is mandatory.
- Address Plan International Nederland, Stadhouderskade, Amsterdam, Nederland EUR Month