Plan International is an international child-centered development organization that aims to achieve equal rights and opportunities for girls and young women and improving the living conditions of girls and boys in both development and humanitarian contexts. Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because every girl and boy has the right to be healthy, educated, protected, valued and respected in their own community and beyond.
Plan International has projects in 54 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to improve the living conditions and future opportunities for girls and boys and to reach the world for children, with an emphasis on girls’ rights. Plan International Netherlands works intensively in 17 of these countries.
For our Humanitarian Department we are looking for a fulltime:
Programme Officer Gender Based Violence
For this position we’re looking for a project manager with sound expertise in Gender Based Violence in humanitarian settings. You will be based in Amsterdam with regular field visits to Plan International’s program countries.
We are looking for a multi-tasker who is result driven and capable of keeping focus under time-pressure. Our ideal candidate operates with a team spirit and seeks collaboration but is able to make informed decisions independently. You have excellent communication and coordination skills as well as an eye for detail. Above all the ideal candidate is a true problem solver.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will support the Country Offices in strengthening their gender based violence portfolio. You will also support the Country Offices in the management of humanitarian programs (including writing proposals, leading calls with alliances, supporting the country offices with proposal development and preparing and coordinating bids) as well as donor reporting, capacity building and compliance.
You coordinate, manage, monitor and evaluate existing and new programs:
- You advice the Netherlands office, Country Offices as well as the Global Hub on their GBV programming. Together with the Country Office you develop humanitarian GBV programmes. You give GBV trainings (in country and to partners) and you manage the Plan International Netherlands GBV grant portfolio;
- You keep track on and organize the response to funding opportunities;
- You develop work plans, facilitate start up workshops for new projects as well as for other humanitarian projects, monitor the delivery of project results and revise plans if necessary;
- You keep track of expenditure against budget and implementation plans, manage the communication with donors and ensure donor compliance (such as ECHO and the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs);
You contribute to policy development and capacity building:
- You work on capacity building of colleagues at Plan International offices on institutional donor compliance and proposal development;
- You ensure that gender and (child ) safeguarding is mainstreamed in all our humanitarian programs;
- You support the National Office in developing, shaping and implementing our humanitarian strategy and represent Plan International Netherlands and abroad by attending meetings and conferences.
Knowledge and experience
- Masters degree in international development or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years experience in humanitarian programming, with a minimum of two years in field experience in implementing and managing humanitarian programmes;
- Strong program management skills and the ability to manage programs in complex humanitarian settings;
- Track record in developing and managing Gender Based Violence programs;
- Good understanding of rights based development and gender.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken; proficiency in Dutch and Spanish is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project countries often on a short notice;
The following competencies are required for this position: result orientation, networking, working together, entrepreneurship, situational awareness, communicating and gender sensitivity.
Plan International offers
A role in a highly international environment. Plan International Netherlands offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary within the range of € 3.300 and € 3.800 gross per month for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience. Plan International Netherlands has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Are you interested?
For questions about this position please contact Melle Brinkman, Manager Humanitarian Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org or +31-20-549 5518). Use the following link (open in Chrome) https://cvselectie.net/programme-officer-gender-based-violence to upload your cover letter and CV. The deadline to respond is 17th of February 2019. The first interviews are scheduled on Wednesday 27th of February. The envisioned start date for this position is beginning of May 2019.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. Sharing this vacancy is very much appreciated.
Safeguarding children and young people is essential for Plan International. Plan International Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue will be discussed in our recruitment procedures. A recent Certificate of Conduct and a reference check is mandatory.