Plan International is a global child-centered development organization that aims to achieve equal rights and opportunities for girls and young women and improving the living conditions of girls and boys in both development and humanitarian contexts. Plan International works to achieve a world in which girls and young women have the same opportunities and rights as boys and young men, so all children can develop equally and to their full potential.
Plan International has projects in 54 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to improve the living conditions and future opportunities for girls and boys and to reach the world for children, with an emphasis on girls’ rights. Plan International Netherlands works intensively in 17 of these countries.
For our International Programme Department in Amsterdam we are looking for a:
Learning and development coordinator
(32 – 35 hours)
September 2019 to January 2020 (maternity leave cover)
For this position we are looking for a proactive, results-oriented relationship coordinator and a good networker, who is willing to travel abroad to help strengthen a global community of practice. Someone who enjoys to build and expands strategic relationships. Our ideal candidate is a well-organized and stress-resistant team player with great sensitivity towards cultural differences (between countries and organizations). Someone who knows how to deal with different interests, who keeps overview and who knows to set the right priorities.
Your working field will be the Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Enterperneurship (SOYEE). You will be based in Amsterdam but will be working in the global Area of Global Distinctiveness (AoGD) team.
What will you be doing?
You develop training and education instruments:
- You facilitate well-researched and continuous learning processes and develop learning products with emphasis on practice, applicability and upscaling for Plan International.
- You coordinate the communities of practice on SOYEE for Plan International by stimulating organization-wide learning and knowledge management.
- You coordinate the information management on the existing SOYEE Communities of Practice throughout Plan International.
- You orient new technical staff to the network membership and key documents.
You organize the knowledge coordination on SOYEE:
- You ensure the SOYEE internet library is up to date and relevant, share key documents with staff and promote learning on these documents.
- You coordinate with other AoGD network administrators/coordinators to support a coherent approach across the networks.
- You ensure a well organized administration of the SOYEE network.
- Your operational responsibilities include: support process to identify and manage information on human and technical resources across the networks for the purpose of capacity building, organize occasional meetings, support the network leadership team with the production of communications and guidance related to the Area of Global Distinctiveness in English, French and Spanish.
Knowledge and experience
- Masters degree in didactics, educational science, knowledge management, international development or equivalent.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in knowledge/information management processes and in managing remote (online) learning & development networks.
- At least 1 years of experience in working in a complex (international) organization.
- Fluency in English and good working skills in French or Spanish (both is preferred).
- Knowledge on (youth) economic empowerment is preferred.
- Good understanding of rights based development and gender.
- Affinity with policy making and policy influencing.
- Field experience is preferred.
The following competencies are required for this position: result orientation, networking, learning ability, planning and organizing, communicating and gender sensitivity.
Plan International offers
A role in a highly international environment. Plan International Netherlands offers employees a solid benefits package. For this role the salary range will be from € 2.500 to € 3.200 gross per month, for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience. Plan International Netherlands has a good pension scheme, 5 weeks holidays, group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Are you interested?
For questions about this position please contact Olloriak Sawade, Manager Private Sector (email@example.com or +31 (0)20 549 5337). Use the following link (open in Chrome) https://cvselectie.net/learning-development-coordinator-2 to upload your cover letter and CV. The deadline to respond is 4th of June 2019. The desired start date is mid August 2019.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. Sharing this vacancy is very much appreciated.
Safeguaring children and young people is essential for Plan International. Plan International Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue will be discussed in our recruitment procedures. A recent Certificate of Conduct is mandatory.
- Address Plan International Nederland, Stadhouderskade, Amsterdam, Nederland