Plan International Netherlands is an international child-centered development organization that aims to achieve equal rights and opportunities for girls and young women and improving the living conditions of girls and boys in both development and humanitarian contexts. Plan International strives for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Because every girl and boy has the right to be healthy, educated, protected, valued and respected in their own community and beyond.
Plan International has projects in 54 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to improve the living conditions and future opportunities for girls and boys and to reach the world for children, with an emphasis on girls’ rights. Plan International Netherlands works intensively in 17 of these countries.
For our department Institutional Partnerships, we are looking for a fulltime
Institutional Partnerships Officer
(35 hours per week)
For this position we’re looking for a new colleague with sound expertise in developing winning project proposals to institutional partners. You will be based in Amsterdam with regular field visits (on average three times a year) to the countries for which the projects will be designed.
Our ideal candidate is a multi-tasker who is result driven and capable of keeping focus under time-pressure. You operate with a team spirit and seeks collaboration but is able to make informed decisions independently. You have excellent project management skills and are able to work accurate in order to comply to the donor conditions. Above all you are a true problem solver.
What will you be doing?
You’re aim is to maximize resource mobilization for the projects of Plan International from institutional donors, mainly Dutch government, the European Commission and multilateral institutions (UN bodies). You identify Calls for Proposals and coordinate the development of project proposals, in close cooperation with our Technical Specialists and colleagues in the Country Offices.
You raise funds among existing and new institutional donors:
- You identify trends and developments among institutional donors and pursue funding opportunities for Plan International’s projects.
- You coordinate, develop and edit high quality proposals, in collaboration with a project team consisting of thematic experts from the Plan international Netherlands office and Country Offices.
- You give guidance through proposal development workshops in country offices, including workshops on the development of Theories of Change.
You build and manage a network with institutional partners
- You monitor donor compliance during the implementation of the grant-funded projects.
- You ensure compliance of project reports to the donor and requirements.
- You maintain and strengthen the relationships with the institutional partners.
- You promote the work of Plan International among institutional partners.
In this role you will work closely with technical advisors at Plan Netherlands and colleagues in the Plan International Country Offices. Further, you will work together with (I)NGOs that are partners in our programmes.
Skills and experience
You are an expert in writing bid-winning proposals with the aim of raising funds among institutional donors. You are an experienced proposal writer with a passion for and experience in development work. You are able to work well under pressure.
Furthermore you meet the following criteria:
- Relevant masters degree in specific topics of expertise in the field of development cooperation.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Development Cooperation sector, of which at least 3 years’ experience in resource mobilization with demonstrable results.
- Commitment to and understanding of gender equality and the Child Rights Convention, and experience in using established inter-agency standards and guidelines
- Knowledge on at least two of the focus themes of Plan International Netherlands: Protection against Violence, WASH and Youth Economic Empowerment
- Network of relevant relations among institutional partners and (I)NGOs
- Fluency in English and Dutch, both spoken and written. Proficiency in Spanish and / or French is preferred
The following competencies are required for this position: customer focus, result orientation, networking, working together, entrepreneurship, stress management, communicating and gender sensitivity.
A role in a highly international environment. Plan International Netherlands offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary within the range of € 3.400 and € 3.800 gross per month for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience. Plan International Netherlands has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, full compensation of commuting expenses (by public transport), group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Are you interested?
For questions about this position please contact Geertje Hollenberg, Manager Institutional Partnerships (email@example.com) or +31 (0)20 549 5568. Use the following link (open in Chrome) to upload your cover letter and CV: https://cvselectie.net/institutional-partnerships-officer-2.
The deadline to respond is 2 June 2019.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated. Sharing this vacancy is very much appreciated.
Safeguarding children and young people is essential for Plan International. Plan International Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue will be discussed in our recruitment procedures. A recent Certificate of Conduct and a reference check is mandatory.
- Address Plan International Nederland, Stadhouderskade, Amsterdam, Nederland