Institutional Fundraiser and Program Officer
Plan is an international child-centered development organization that works to achieving equal rights and opportunities for girls and improving the living conditions of girls and boys in both development and humanitarian contexts. Plan works to achieve a world in which girls have the same opportunities and rights as boys, so all children can develop equally and to their full potential.
Plan does this through projects in 52 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to improve the living conditions and future opportunities for girls and boys and to reach the world for children, with an emphasis on girls’ rights.
For our international Program Department we are looking for an:
Institutional Fundraiser and Program Officer
for Humanitarian Programs
Full time (35hrs)
Purpose of the function
Proposal writing, acquisition and management of humanitarian programs for Plan Nederland, based in Amsterdam, with regular field visits to the Country Offices in the Plan program countries.
Plan Nederland has recently enlarged its humanitarian portfolio and we’re looking for a strong program officer to support the office in acquisition of grants, management of programs, report writing and support of the Country Offices during emergencies. He/she will work on acquisition and development of project proposals and the day to day management of projects from the office in The Netherlands. He/she will be expected to support Plan Country Offices on compliance to donor requirements. Field travels for project design and start up workshops and on-going monitoring is expected. The position is for one year with possible extension.
- Development of humanitarian program proposals, including needs assessments;
- Grant management;
- Ensuring compliance with all donor requirements (such as ECHO, MoFA) and related commitments;
- Project management of Plan humanitarian projects from the National Office based in Amsterdam;
- Program monitoring and evaluation, this includes process, finance and content;
- Ensuring that gender is mainstreamed in all our humanitarian programs;
- Field visits to Country Offices to monitor and support humanitarian program implementation and ensure quality of programming
- Supporting the National Office in developing, shaping and implementing our humanitarian strategy and raising our portfolio in the Netherlands by attending meetings and conferences.
Knowledge and experience
- A minimum of three years program management experience, in country experience with implementing/managing humanitarian programs is required;
- Excellent proposal writing and reporting capacity;
- Track record of successful humanitarian program applications. Experience with ECHO proposal development and/or project management is an asset;
- Experience working with the Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA) and SHO (Giro555) is an asset;
- Experience in developing and managing gender related programs;
- Ability to communicate in Dutch and English, both written and spoken;
- Ability and willingness to travel to project countries for short and long periods often on a short notice;
- Experience with Monitoring and evaluation (incl. needs assessments), Cash Based Programming and youth economic empowerment in emergency settings are preferred assets.
Competencies required for the position:
- Result orientated
- Planning and Organizing
- Stress Resistant
This is not intended to be an exhaustive job description. The description may be subject to change.
Candidate is a multi-tasker who is capable of keeping focus under time-pressure, takes decisions independently, operates with a team spirit, ambitious and meanwhile firm and precise in developing quality proposals in limited time and managing the challenges in program implementation faced by the Country Office to meet time and quality requirements.
A function in an international environment. Plan Nederland offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary of maximum 3.400 Euros gross per month, for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience. Plan has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Are you interested?
For questions about this position please contact Adriaan Ham, Operational Program Manager (0031-6-28762278) or Melle Brinkman, DRM Coordinator (0031-20-549 5518).
Use the following link https://cvselectie.net/institutional-fundraiser-program-officer (open in Chrome) to upload your cover letter and CV. Deadline to respond is 21st of January 2018. Interviews are scheduled in the week of the 23-26th of January 2018. The envisioned start date for this position is March 1st 2018.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.
Child safety is essential for Plan Netherlands. Plan Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue is discussed in our recruitment procedures.