Institutional Donor Coordinator
We help to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations and we respond to disasters and conflicts to save lives and alleviate suffering. In the Netherlands with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally through technical assistance, supplies and money. Together we act before, during and after disasters to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Assistance division is responsible for all Netherlands Red Cross international support for victims of disasters and conflicts and for vulnerable people exposed to hazards.
The International Assistance division has opened a vacancy for a:
Institutional Donor Coordinator
(The Hague, 40 hours p/w)
Purpose of the position:
As Institutional Donor Coordinator you are responsible for coordinating programme proposals and coordination of institutional donor relations for NLRC-supported international programmes. You manage a small team of one officer and a pool of freelance advisors. Depending on resources available and revision of the strategy, the team might expand in the future.
You establish and sustain valuable relations with our institutional donors and coordinate proposal development processes with Red Cross partners and other partners. As NPC you are working closely with the program development officer, technical advisors, country representatives, portfolio partnership coordinators, portfolio officers, marketing and fundraising professionals, PME professionals and other members of the national and international department.
This position is based in The Hague and operates from the Business Development & Advisory (BD&A) Unit, with a direct report to the Unit Lead.
The business development and advisory unit consists of serves the mission of the Netherlands Red Cross with:
- thematic expertise including WASH, health, and resilience;
- institutional donor coordination;
- planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- humanitarian innovation.
From the Unit you will work with 4 other Units within the International Assistance division. The Disaster Response Unit, Programme Management Unit, the Programmatic Partnership Unit and the Strategic Partnership Units.
Your responsibilities are:
- Identify large scale funding opportunities with institutional donors for the Netherlands Red Cross;
- Liaise with other members of the Red Cross movement to strategically access funding;
- Coordinate proposal development processes, including consortia development;
- Coordination of representation of the Netherlands Red Cross with our donors;
- Management of program development officer(s);
- Support other teams and colleagues in their donor liaison and proposal development activities;
- Critically assess and optimize donor liaison activities around specific geographical contexts and thematic areas, and facilitate the outlining of a way forward addressing institutional donor policies and objectives;
- Maintain a network of technical and proposal development consultants;
- Be advisory to the unit lead and International Operations Team related to new project development and donor liaison;
- Build capacity of colleagues on institutional donor liaison, proposal development, available assessment tools;
- University degree in relevant field. (Could be Business Administration, Development Studies, Law, Political Science, International Affairs etc.)
- Possibility to travel (max. 15 %).
Skills and experience
- Professional experience in donor liaison (EU and Government) and multi partner and multi country programme proposal development;
- At least 2 years field based experience in the sub-Saharan Africa and/or Asia context is an advantage (private sector or non profit);
- Ability to manage a small team directly and coordinate a larger team indirectly;
- Experience in leading and facilitating groups and complex international projects;
- Excellent coordination skills, with results-focus and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in different cultural and organizational settings;
- Experience in capacity building in sales or resource mobilization is an advantage;
- Excellent project leader to coordinate complex processes and partnerships;
- Excellent command of the English language and good command of Dutch;
- Command of French is an asset;
- You are a team-player and enjoy working with and supporting others;
Competencies and personality
- Result-oriented, Persistent, Teamplayer, Good eye for detail, Creating support, Cooperation, Engaging, Analysing and forming opinions, Helicopter view, Adaptability
A flexible, human centered working environment with space for initiative and development. Remuneration: the salary scale level is set at scale 12 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. (min. € 3.581,35 until max. € 4.778,76 gross per month on the basis of full time employment).
Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference: before 7 December 2017 to Annemieke van Teeffelen, HR Advisor, via our website.
An assessment will be part of the selection procedure.