ICT Field Advisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
We are looking for an
ICT Field Advisor (40 p/w = 100%)
Based in Amsterdam
Within this role you will give IT advice and support primarily to our team of ICT Officers in various different locations where MSF has presence. This advice may also include colleagues in various departments on recommendations, an/on to Project Managers on field specifice issues. You will work within the IT department as part of a team Field ICT Advisors that focuses on field ICT support and when necessary field projects. You will report to the Service Delivery Manager in the Amsterdam ICT department.
Description of duties
- To provide second line ICT support to Field Operations;
- Support and oversee (from HQ) our ICT officers work in their local field locations through functional management
- Develop and promote a vision of field ICT services;
- Contribute to the development of our IT field knowledge base and improving best practices;
- Improve or implement process and procedures that enable increased efficiency in the field;
- Initiate/perform research and analyses of IT developments;
- Propose and give advice on intra-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary activities;
- Initiate change and maintain an integral and coherent policy of field ICT while developing guidelines, protocols etc. to support it;
- Assist in the hiring process for Field ICT officers where required;
- Facilitate the ICT training of field ICT officers and logisticians and the development of ICT knowledge transfer material;
- Support ICT Projects being rolled out to the field locations in terms of expertise, guidance and co-ordination support;
- Be available for field deployment on technical, training and/or emergency assignments potentially a weeks at a time.
- You have a Masters or Bachelors degree in computer science or related field;
- At least 5 -10 years of experience in IT support;
- Experience within MSF or another humanitarian organization will be considered an asset;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken; French will be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in regards dealing with 3rd party vendors, stakeholders, management, giving trainings, updating our support tool, and remote communication;
- You’re an excellent team player
- Exposure to working in different countries with an understanding and respect for different cultures;
- Proven ability to multi-taks and work under pressure when necessary;
- An ability to look at the bigger picture in terms of vision and ICT landscape;
- You have knowledge and experience with the following technical areas:
- Identity and Access Management;
- Active Directory;
- Microsoft exchange
- VOIP and Video Conference;
- Network Administration;
- Virtualization software;
- Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager and/or Microsoft Deployment Toolkit;
- Re-imaging Tools;
- Knowledge and experience with CCNA, VBA and Powershell are considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with power and energy systems are considered an asset.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- Opportunity to experience the dynamics of a globally operating, leading humanitarian healthcare organization
- A fixed term contract for one year with the possibility of an extension
- A gross monthly salary between € 2,709 and € 3,870 depending on professional experience (based on 40 hours/week)
- 30 holidays per annum (based on 40 hours/week)
- Premium-free pension
Information & Application
- For more information about this position, please contact Service Delivery Manager, Patricia Dowling on + 31 20 520 8089
- If you recognize yourself in the profile, please click the “Apply Now” button on our website and upload your combined Motivation Letter and CV as one document.
- We welcome your application by Wednesday 29th November 2017. An assessment may be part of the hiring process.