ICCO Cooperation, a global, non-governmental organization, seeks motivated colleagues who support our mission to end poverty and injustice in developing countries. Are you also committed to create a world where people can live in dignity and secured livelihoods? In cooperation with a global team of professionals? Then we are looking for you.
Our organization consists of a global office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and 5 regional offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are active in a variety of countries through our country representatives. ICCO Cooperation has approximately 450 employees worldwide and a turnover of 45M€ in 2018. For the department Corporate Strategy & External Relations (CSER) at the global office we are looking for a
Programme officer Disaster Management (32-36 hours)
based in Utrecht, starting with a contract for a period of 1 year
As programme officer, you are part of the department CSER in Utrecht and more specific, part of the DMU team. The CSER department consists of several functional units that have responsibilities in terms of program and partnership management, business development, disaster management, resource mobilization activities, communication and monitoring & evaluation. The department develops strategic policies and new tools for building relationships with (potential) partners and contributes to strengthening the brand policy of ICCO.
The aims of the emergency program is to fulfill ICCO’s humanitarian principle to save lives and livelihoods of people in need of humanitarian assistance and to prepare communities to be more resilient to disaster. We want to connect relief, rehabilitation and development in these situations. These disasters can be natural or man-made and we pay special attention to the most vulnerable people. We also build the capacities of local organizations so-that they are able to prepare and respond timely, effectively and appropriately to unfolding hazards and disaster. We partner with other (international) organizations to obtain maximum impact (scope, scale, and speed) with high quality interventions that meet the international principles and standards for humanitarian aid. The disaster and resilience program will be connected there where possible to ICCO programs in the regions. We will actively look for linkages with the ICCO priorities, like food security and climate change. Most important is to integrate DRR (disaster risk reduction) within regular programs. For these, funding possibilities outside the current existing DRA and EU funds need to be found.
About the position
You are ambitious and you are the driving force behind the humanitarian aid program in ICCO. You stimulate the development of new initiatives and projects in cooperation with the business developers and the regional offices. You keep track of the progress and quality of the humanitarian aid projects and actively look for synergy with the ICCO programs in the regions. You are able to develop propositions through building and maintaining partnerships with specific donors, such as the European Commission, DRA and also with other stakeholders, like the private sector and government agencies. You provide technical advice to regional and country offices and other business units in developing, planning and implementing disaster management programs and strategies. You will do that as part of a team, and you are flexible in working with different cultures, time zones and tight deadlines.
About the profile:
- Academic background in relevant field of education;
- 5 years working experience in Humanitarian context;
- You have in depth knowledge and experience, with multi-stakeholder processes and projects, in the field of emergency aid and disaster response;
- Fluency in Dutch and English, Spanish and/or French is an asset;
- Able to work under stressful conditions, no 9 to 5 mentality;
- Willingness to travel frequently, also to areas that are not labeled as safe, also on short notice;
- Knowledge of CHS and other standards of Humanitarian work;
- You have an entrepreneurial personality with an eye for performance, opportunity and quality;
- Proven cultural sensitivity and proactive in fundraising and communication;
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills, is capable to extend current networks and develop new contacts in different branches and sectors;
- Good skills to mobilize colleagues worldwide and to create new partnerships with multiple stakeholders;
- Affinity with the Christian Ecumenical roots of ICCO Cooperation;
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse backgrounds.
What we offer:
- Dynamic job in a global organization with a focus on social entrepreneurship;
- Opportunities to develop your skills and capacities, learning organization;
- An organization in a network with many national and international contacts and entry points where initiative is encouraged;
- The position is graded in salary scale 10 of the ICCO GO Terms of Employment, with a gross salary till max € 4.152,11 per month, excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year allowance, based on a 36-hour work week;
- a position for 1 year (36 hours per week) with the possibility of extension, starting as soon as possible.
For more information about the job you please contact Marian Oppelaar, HR advisor, telephone: +31 6 51699082, email: email@example.com.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English (if possible in one PDF file), before 25 August 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, and refer to the job title and the vacancy number 2019-004 in the email title.
- Address Icco, Joseph Haydnlaan, Utrecht, Nederland