Finance and Project Assistant
IFAW, the International Fund for Animal Welfare, is a global non-profit organization that protects animals and the places they call home. Ever since our foundation in 1969 IFAW saves individual animals, animal populations and habitats worldwide. In over 40 countries IFAW provides hands-on assistance to animals in need, whether it are cats and dogs, wildlife or rescuing animals in the wake of disasters or extinction. From the office located in The Hague we coordinate and structure projects within the Netherlands. The European Financial Service Center is also located at the Dutch office.
Due to the increase of secured funding projects, as well as an increase in volume of financial transactions, IFAW is in need of a Project and Finance Assistant to reinforce the EU Financial Service Center in The Hague.
Finance and Project Assistant
(Part time 24 hours)
We are looking for a part time colleague who preferably has experience in a non-profit/charity sector in a similar finance function and is able to work independently, effectively and accurately on multiple tasks. The Finance and Project Assistant works under the leadership of the Finance Manager and will be part of a small local team. The Finance and Project Assistant contributes to the financial and administrative support to the secured funding projects as well as supports the day-to-day financial operations. The EU Financial Service Center delivers high quality financial and accounting services to four IFAW Offices in Europe and Morocco. As a person, you are patient, a team player, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- As a Project and Finance Assistant you contribute to the financial and administrative support to secured funding projects, as well as supporting the day-to-day financial operations of the EU Financial Service Center. Ensures the proper and timely processing of transactions from four IFAW Offices in Europe, situated in France, Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands and Morocco in the financial administrative system, ensuring adherence to standard operating procedures and ascertaining the completeness and validity of financial data.
- Acts as point of contact for IFAW Offices in Europe, suppliers and employees queries concerning payments.
- Works with EU Finance team to prepare financial reports in close coordination/cooperation with the IFAW Controller and Finance staff located at the International Operations Center in the US .
- Undertakes other duties and special projects for IFAW, of a nature consistent with the foregoing responsibilities and, where necessary, assist with other areas of work as required.
- Minimum 3 – 4 years of accounting experience as well as experience in administrating project budgets
- Certificate in Financial and Cost Accounting or similar beneficial
- Non-profit experience beneficial
- Broad knowledge of MS Word and Excel, financial-/administrative-, treasury systems
- Ability to take initiative, result driven
- Analytical ability
- Experience in a complex international work environment
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written in Dutch and English required, other languages like German and French helpful.
- Committed to animal welfare issues and to promote IFAW’s mission
We are looking for a reliable and flexible financial professional who likes to work in an informal and warm environment. IFAW offers a competitive compensation package.
- Please send your application and resume in English to Stichting IFAW before June 22nd addressed to Mrs. O. Bleijenberg, by e-mail to: email@example.com.
- Interviews will be conducted in the week ofJune 25-29. Intended starting date is September 1st.
- Your application will be treated confidentially.
Please note: attempts for acquisition will be rejected.