To strengthen the capacity of the Coordination Team, the Fair, Green and Global Alliance is looking for a
Senior communications coordinator
(16-24 hours per week)
About the FGG Alliance
The Fair, Green and Global (FGG) Alliance is an initiative of ActionAid, Both ENDS, Clean Clothes Campaign, Milieudefensie/Friends of the Earth International, SOMO and TNI. Both ENDS is the lead applicant of the Alliance. The FGG Alliance is governed by a Steering Committee (SC) consisting of the directors of the member organisations. A Programme Committee (PC) is responsible for strategic steering of programme on a more day-to-day basis. The coordination team is responsible for reporting to the donor (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) and coordinating between the different bodies in the Alliance.
The FGG Alliance aims for socially just, inclusive, and environmentally sustainable societies by enhancing the capacity of civil society organisations to address governance gaps in corporate conduct, trade and investment, and financial systems. We are currently in the fourth year of our 5-year programme in partnership with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which started in January 2016.
About the job
The overall goal of joint external FGG communication is to show the added value and the strength and results of the Alliance regarding improving civic space and mutual capacity development in the field of lobby and advocacy. The primary target groups of joint external FGG communication are policymakers within the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and politicians; the secondary target group of joint communication are professionals in International Cooperation.
For the internal communication the goal is to improve the leverage by referring to each other’s events and publications. The primary target groups of internal communication are the six FGG members.
- Taking a leadership role in setting and coordinating an external communication agenda for the Alliance;
- Collecting information from different FGG professionals to create engaging and compelling content and speaking points;
- Developing and maintaining communication tools (website, social media, information materials, briefings, flyers, twitter, news updates, internal calendar, learning sessions);
- Organising regular meetings with FGG communication experts to jointly plan for FGG communication to improve leverage within the alliance and the FGG profiling;
- Organising joint events (e.g. debates) and common publications to raise the visibility of our work;
- Regularly checking possible sensitivity of the issues we want to communicate about;
- Respecting the autonomy of the six FGG members;
- Organising decision-making regarding press releases and publications of the alliance;
- Stimulating cooperation and engagement by providing regular news updates to all colleagues about progress in working groups, PC and SC.
- HBO or academic level;
- Five years of demonstrable experience in a relevant senior position;
- Experience with external and internal communication in multiple actor programmes;
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English and Dutch;
- Affinity with and understanding of the approach of the alliance and the thematic focus (corporate conduct; trade & investment; tax and financial systems);
- Strong team player with expert organisational, interpersonal, networking skills, and with cross-cultural abilities;
- Creative, open and collaborative mind-set with a passion for making change fun;
- Good understanding of and experience with implementing different methods for external and internal communication;
- Self-starter who does not shy away from hands-on work.
- An engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation;
- A position for 16-24 hours per week and based in Amsterdam, the contract will be with Both ENDS;
- A contract for a year, starting as soon as possible, with prospects on extension. The current subsidy period runs until the end of 2020. We are applying for follow up funding.
We value different backgrounds and cultures in our alliance. Both ENDS works together with the Expertise Center for Diversity: www.echo-net.nl.
- Address Nieuwe Keizersgracht 45, 1018 VC Amsterdam