Digital Learning Manager
indicative gross salary between € 2,331 and € 3,578 per month
Inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions
5th January 2018
Aflatoun International is a non-governmental organization focusing on educating children about their rights and responsibilities and managing natural and financial resources through social and financial education. Children are empowered to make a positive change in their lives and in their communities, with the aim of ultimately leading them to breaking the cycle of poverty in which many find themselves. Headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherlands, The Aflatoun programme is currently implemented in 109 countries and reaches 4.5 million children per year.
Through Aflatoun programmes children are inspired to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities.
Aflatoun employs the social franchise model whereby partners have ownership of the programme. The secretariat develops curricula in collaboration with its partners and provides them with technical assistance, network support, advocacy and training materials to implement the Aflatoun methodology. Increasingly, digital interventions are being proposed or integrated into projects and programmes. We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Digital Learning Manager to help define and execute a comprehensive e learning strategy.
The Digital Learning Manager is responsible for all aspects of the organizations digital learning strategy for teachers and students. The Digital Learning Manager will work to integrate technology into our programmes to enhance student learning and engagement. This will be done by:
- Developing a strategy on digital learning related to the provision of social and financial education
- Integrating digital content to support Aflatoun projects and programmes.
- Designing and developing age-appropriate digital learning experiences for students and teachers
- Support the integration of technology, tablets, and other devices as learning tools into partner programmes and learning setting
- Knowledge of emerging and current technologies used for technology enabled instruction, including tablets, apps, and online resources
- Technical skills related to the area of educational technology
- Coordination with technology and curriculum staff
- Awareness of technology for development (T4D) debates and discussions
- Experience in designing and developing new technologies for learning
- Experience in planning, implementing, and assessing the effective use of technology in learning environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required. Knowledge of additional languages such as Dutch, French, Arabic, Spanish, German or Russian is an advantage
- Experience working with educators and education departments is preferred
What we offer
The position is for a fulltime work week (40 hours). We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross salary between € 2331 and € 3578 per month based on a 40 hours week and depending on educational background and working experience (this salary is inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions).
Applicants must have a valid work/resident permit for the EU region.
The contract will be offered for six months initially and will be extended for further period depending on performance and availability of resources.
Please send your motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com at the latest by the 5th of January 2018.