DCHI Communications Intern
Who are you?
Are you a strong communicator with an interest in social innovation, and a flair for creating great stories and visuals? Are you a self-starter looking to get more hands-on experience in communications and events in the non-profit/humanitarian sector? Are you fluent in both Dutch and English, and in the final year(s) of your (International) Communications/Media study? Then we have the perfect 4-6 month internship for you, starting in September!
Who are we?
Located at the Hague Humanity Hub, a 2 minute walk from The Hague Central Station, The Dutch Coalition for Humanitarian Innovation (DCHI) is a coalition comprised of governmental actors, knowledge institutes, academia, businesses, and humanitarian organizations in the Netherlands who develop and scale innovative solutions to increase the impact and reduce the costs of humanitarian action.
The Dutch Coalition for Humanitarian Innovation is a dynamic movement that leverages the power of resources, expertise and capabilities in the Netherlands to support humanitarian innovation with a global impact. The Coalition is recognized and acknowledged as the driving force in the Netherlands for effective humanitarian innovation.
To build an even stronger Coalition, the DCHI Team is looking for a Communications and Events intern (4-5 days per week) to join the team for approx. 6 months, starting in November 2019.
What is the internship?
The Communications and Events intern will work closely together with the Communications and Events Manager, and assist in giving shape to the new DCHI communications strategy, website and social media.
- Keep the DCHI communications channels up-to-date with relevant articles, announcements, invites, movies, and pictures. These include the website, newsletter, twitter, and linked-in.
- Research other social media channels of relevance for DCHI
- Assist in developing a library with relevant communication materials
- Creative thinker who isn’t shy to try new things (think vlogs, thought provoking blogs, new forms of comms to bring DCHI into the spotlight)
- Assist with DCHI event, including lead up, communications, logistics
- Assist with organization and logistics of DCHI “Focal point cafes” events
- Ensure partners provide information for their online partner profiles
- Keep partner profiles up-to-date
What we offer
- A pleasant and professional team of colleagues;
- A thorough introduction to the humanitarian sector;
- Lots of opportunity to take initiative and realize your own plans;
- Many chances to meet people from a great number of sectors;
- Opportunity to join the team to many events;
- Personal supervision;
- As an intern, an allowance of €300 for 5 days/week;
- If applicable: reimbursement of travel expenses;
- Workplace in the heart of The Hague.
What we are looking for
- A student registered at a Dutch university, preferably end of Bachelor, beginning of Master with a focus on communications, international relations, media or event management
- Available 4-5 days per week in the period November -January/March
- Someone with an interest in the humanitarian sector and innovation
- Someone full of ideas and own initiative
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and orally
- Self-reliant, creative, inventive, fun
DCHI was launched in 2016 by the Netherlands Red Cross, CARE Nederland, UNICEF Netherlands, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, the Municipality of The Hague, and VNO-NCW. The Ministry of Defense of the Netherlands joined the DCHI board in 2017. DCHI is based at the Hague Humanity Hub and is administratively hosted as a project by the Netherlands Red Cross.
More information about the organization can be found on www.dchi.nl We value different backgrounds and cultures in our organization.
We accept rolling applications, but would ideally want you to start November 1st, 2019 and for a minimum of 4 months. You can send your letter of motivation and CV by email to email@example.com. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the internship.
- Address Verenigingskantoor Nederlandse Rode Kruis, Anna van Saksenlaan, Den Haag, Nederland