Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in Germany, India and the UK. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 30 countries. MSF-OCA deploys 1,300 international staff per annum and employs 8,500 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland is located in Amsterdam and hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Logistics Department (LogD) supports the overall purpose of MSF, providing logistics and technical support to the OCA field operations. The department is responsible for providing strategic direction, integrated advice and hands on support to logistics and technical issues in the field. The department is made up of the Field Support Unit (FSU) and the Amsterdam Procurement Unit (APU).
With immediate effect Artsen zonder Grenzen has a vacancy for a
PROCUREMENT PHARMACIST (100%)
based in Amsterdam
Under the responsibility of the Head of the Logistics Department and the International Pharmacist Coordinator, the Procurement Pharmacist assures compliance of MSF OCA international pharmaceutical procurement with MSF international policies and procedures for pharmaceutical Quality Assurance, providing expert advice and support within MSF OCA on quality management regarding procurement and the supply chain of pharmaceuticals related issues and items according to the quality standards required by MSF to meet the needs of the MSF Missions.
- Validate sources of supply (products-suppliers-manufacturers combinations) to meet the needs expressed by MSF-OCA missions, in compliance with international standards and MSF Qualification scheme, in collaboration with IMES (International Medicines Evaluation Session) colleagues)
- Maintain a database record of validation status of sources, updating and controlling data related to products, suppliers-manufacturers to ensure the quality and availability of up to date information and technical documentation
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of pharmaceutical products to be delivered to OCA missions, and accompanying procedures and policies
- Offer technical support to facilitate the procurement and supply processes, including addressing import constraints for pharmaceutical products
- Engage with suppliers/manufacturers from a technical point of view, follow-up of manufacturers and product files
- As part of receipt process, perform a desk review check of invoices/packing lists and certificates of analysis of delivered pharmaceutical products from specified suppliers
- Control and follow the quality of purchased products including in relation to non-conformities and quality alerts/recalls, interacting with suppliers, MSF International Pharmacy Coordinator, OCA operations and other MSF European Supply Centers, in line with International Harmonized SOP for medical products for quality complaint and batch recall
- Train upon request of the GDP Responsible Person relevant staff members and warehouse personnel on pharmaceutical quality aspects
- Support the Compliance Officer with updating of the Quality Manual in accordance with MSF International SOPs (Transportation, Quality Complaints etc.) as necessary and help administer the procedures related to the wholesaler license and other licenses
- Develops and promotes a vision on pharmaceutical sourcing in liaison with the APU Tactical apparatus and in accordance with MSF International procurement policy;
- Engages in departmental projects as required (e.g.: ERP changeover)
- Participates in international collaborative projects as required, such as the Priority List project seeking supply solutions for sourcing difficulties across the different ESCs
- You will be a registered pharmacist with at least three years of work experience in the pharmaceutical domain such as a procurement centre, hospital pharmacy or supply chain of the medical industry
- You possess strong technical knowledge of pharmaceuticals, regarding usage and quality validation, experience with database and document management, search and analysis of technical information, computer literate (MS Office, ERP).
- You have an affinity for teamwork, networking, flexibility and organisation, attention to detail, analytical mind-set and capability to take initiative, with good communication, diplomatic and inter-personal skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a must and French is a plus.
- Work experience in humanitarian sector (MSF field) is a distinct advantage
- You may be required to attend MSF meetings in Europe.
- Results & Quality Orientation
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Analytical thinking
- Customer orientation
- A contract for one year with a full time appointment based on 5 days per week. If found suitable, preference will be given to candidates able to start on the date required.
- The Procurement Pharmacist is in scale 7 with a gross monthly salary between € 3,360 and € 4,798 based on relevant experience for this position and for a 40-hours working week.
- A premium-free pension and 30 holidays per year based on a 40-hours working week
- A challenging position in a stimulating, professional and international working environment
For more information about this position, please contact Klasien Hoeve, Head of the Logistics Department: Klasien.Hoeve@amsterdam.msf.org
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply Now’ button
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document
The closing date for application is 27 May 2020
First Round Interviews will be held on 2 and 3 June 2020
Second Round Interviews on 9 June 2020
The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of the applications
***acquisition is not appreciated***
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland EUR Month