Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 250 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Logistics Department (LogD) supports the overall purpose of MSF, providing logistics and technical support to the OCA field operations. The department is responsible for providing strategic direction, integrated advice and hands on support to logistics and technical issues in the field. The department consists of the Field Support Unit (FSU) and the Amsterdam Procurement Unit (APU).
The goal of APU is to supply the field with the right goods at the right place in the right time. The Procurement Unit (34 staff) is responsible for processing the orders from the project countries and delivering a wide assortment of medical and non-medical goods to the projects within the required timeframe. A part of the assortment is strategically held in stock while the rest is procured on an as need basis.
With immediate effect, Artsen zonder Grenzen has a temporary vacancy for a:
LOGISTICS SERVICE PROVIDER (LSP) PROCESS LEAD (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
The LSP Process Lead is part of the Amsterdam Procurement Unit and reports directly to the Project Manager LSP who is leading the RFQ and transition process towards a new LSP partnership agreement.
- Manage integration of new LSP partnership agreement within MSF
- Responsible for managing the move of physical inventory to new warehouse
- Kick-off of continues improvement plan together with LSP
- Facilitate workshops with LSP to get full understanding of needs on both MSF and LSP side
- In collaboration with LSP, define ‘to-be’ processes and identify potential improvements as well as gaps and training needs
- Ensure system alignment between MSF and LSP software applications
- Develop documentation and training material on new processes and system usage
- Implement new to-be processes within MSF and ensure seamless integration with LSP
- Train and support MSF staff in relevant processes and systems to ensure everyone is knowledgeable and able to work in the new set up from start of the new partnership agreement
- Plan and manage the move of physical inventory to the new warehouse
- Monitor LSP service provision, data integrity and smooth functioning of newly implemented processes and systems after go live
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives after stabilisation period
- Ensure handover to standing organisation after project end
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic person with a university degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics or related field. In addition, you have at least 4 years professional experience in a large organisation of which at least 2 years in international distribution, warehousing and/or forwarding. You have working experience in an international environment, with daily collaboration with and within multicultural groups.
You are familiar with analytical tools and have experience in ERP systems implementation, preferably in WMS modules (MS Dynamics, or similar, please provide details in your resume). You have a strong ability to present information in a clear, concise and captivating way. High Excel proficiency is an absolute must, and a competency test will be part of the recruitment process. You do not just possess analytical skills; you know how to use them to turn data into meaningful information. You have a proven ability to strike the balance between the best and pragmatic solution.
Good communication skills and fluency in English (speaking and writing) are essential. Understanding the Dutch language is an asset.
Your way of working is organised and you possess high time management and prioritisation skills. You are a good team player, but can work independently as well and have a problem-solving attitude. You are furthermore service-oriented, demonstrate initiative and have a good follow-up attitude. The work environment is at times hectic and unpredictable, which make flexibility, thinking out-of-the-box and eagerness to learn, important qualities. To do it well, you should be prepared to teach yourself everything that is relevant. You display attention to detail and can multi-task.
Project planning and project management skills are essential; certification in project management and knowledge of LEAN Six Sigma is a plus. Experience in facilitating process mapping workshops and training is required. MSF working experience is a plus. This role includes an extensive amount of change management.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A contract for one year, based on a full-time appointment for 40 hours per week (100% labour percentage).
- A gross monthly salary in scale 6 between € 2,811 and € 4,015 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours per week);
- Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension plan.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Ms Klasien Hoeve, Head of Logistics on phone 020-5208973.
We will be reviewing applications as they come in. Immediate availability is a plus. The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply Now’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document. Deadline for application is 10 December 2019.
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland