Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organizations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 350 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Human Resources Management (HRM) department in MSF-Holland consists of approximately 70 people working in the units Office HR, HR Excellence, HR4U, Recruitment and career management, Pool Management, Psychosocial Care and Specialists & Field Support.
With immediate effect, MSF-Holland has a vacancy for a
HR PLANNING & IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR (100%)
– Based in Amsterdam –
The HR Planning & Implementation Coordinator works closely with Staff Director, Head of HR and L&D as well as key HR and L&D coordinators at field and HQ level in order to coordinate the development and implementation of strategic plan-related initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Staff Director in the ongoing Strategic plan project management and development;
- Provides coordination to all initiatives and projects addressing top-level staff strategic planning priorities, whether by facilitating the efforts of multi-stakeholder working groups or working alone. These include:
- Coordinates plan implementation
- Facilitates planning processes workshops and discussion;
- Develops and presentation of content/findings
- Develops and monitoring of work plans for such processes;
- Assists with managing and achieving the scope of projects;
- Coordinates and facilitates communications on HR Strategy progress with different stakeholders
- Develops and oversees indicators related to outcomes of the strategic planning process.
- Provides guidance on strategic plan-related project governance and dependency with the other departments
- Monitors HR projects timeline and deliverables and measures progress and outcomes and reports progress to the HR management team
- Responsible for the HR budget-reviews and tracks and creates costing scenarios.
- Coordinates the rollout of employee engagement and satisfaction at HQ and field level with different stakeholders
- Coordinate discussion on ACP/SCP HR project-planning and budget with the HR and L&D team
- Provides cost analysis, regularly monitoring of expenses vs budget to the Staff Directors and the HR Leadership team, especially during spring and Autumn Control Cycle revision (ACP and SCP).
- Coordinates, initiates and develops communication plans and implementation activities to improve the link between HR field and HQ;
- Identifies potential project risks and difficulties and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid risks. Escalates issues as appropriate.
Other accountabilities :
- HR focal point for different organizational related projects;
- Represents the HRM Department at different meetings as Focal Point (projects, etc)
- With line-managers in HQ to monitor progress of projects within a functional area and raise awareness on new projects linked to Strategic Plan
- With Staff Director to develop effective planning and create solutions if needed
- With HR key stakeholders both in the field and HQ stakeholders to promote projects within a functional area
- With all employee to provide continuous information/communication on Strategic Plan related progress within the HR department
- With Finance colleagues for budget tracks and review
- With consultants and providers to monitor progress of projects within a functional area
- Planning & Organisation
- Results & Quality Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Networking & Building Relationships
- A stimulating, professional working environment in an international organisation.
- A Dutch employment contract for a year with a full-time appointment based on 5 days per week, with the option for renewal.
- A gross salary in scale 7, between € 3,360 and € 4,798, based on relevant professional work experience, for full-time employment (based on a 40-hour week)
- 30 days holiday and premium free pension.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
There is a preferred candidate for this position but if you feel that you match the profile and your competencies and personal attributes are suited to the position then do please apply. All applications will be considered. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
If you would like additional information, you can address your questions to Mihaela Ionasc, Staff Director. Mihaela.Ionasc@amsterdam.msf.org
We welcome your application by 29 January 2020
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 12 February 2020.
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland