Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical humanitarian, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical humanitarian care to victims of conflict and epidemics. Our staff in the field projects consists mainly of locally recruited staff, but we express international humanitarian solidarity working side by side as national and internationally recruited staff, giving direct medical humanitarian support to people in need. In the past 40 years, MSF has gained a strong position as an independent, medical humanitarian organisation working worldwide.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global MSF offices. ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA) is a partnership between ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland), MSF-UK and MSF-Germany. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in around 25 countries with roughly 80 projects. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 800 international staff and employs 10,000 locally recruited staff.
The office of MSF-Holland, located in Amsterdam, hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
With immediate effect, we are looking for a:
HR ADVISOR (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
In this role you are part of the HR Office team with two colleagues.
- Supports and gives advice to Heads of department and Unit Coordinators on various people management issues in actual cases. Think of frequent or longterm sickness absence, disciplinary/capability/grievance issues, and performance/development of staff. This duty includes safeguarding the steps in the framework of return-to-work legislation (‘Wet Verbetering Poortwachter’.
- Supports and gives advice to Heads of department and Unit Coordinators on workforce management. This duty includes safeguarding a sound contract administration and planning/monitoring HR budgets (FTE), and issues concerning employee mobility
- Supports and gives advice to Heads of department and Unit Coordinators on various organizational HR issues. This duty includes drafting job descriptions, performing job ratings, and giving advice on reorganisation trajectories
- Supports senior management in the recruitment process of Directors, Operational Managers and Heads of department
- Shows proactive initiatives for the improvement of HR policies and procedures
- Depending on scope of projects, will take part or deliver input on HR issues in projects
We are looking for an experienced HR professional who has successfully completed professional education at least on a bachelor’s level in a relevant field of HR together with a solid foundation of Dutch employment law. In addition, our ideal candidate is someone with experience in the different areas of HR in various organisations. You have excellent language skills and are fluent in written and spoken English. You have a passion for digital innovations in HR and are looking continuously develop yourself and the organisation. Your communication skills are outstanding and you are able to cope with a dynamic and at times stressful environment. Last but not least, we are looking for someone that doesn’t take themselves too serious, can share a joke and is looking for a team to support. If you recognize yourself in this description, we would love to hear from you!
- A stimulating, professional environment in an international organisation
- A fixed-term contract for 1 year on a fulltime appointment
- A gross monthly salary between € 2,737 and € 3,909 depending on professional experience (based on 40 hours/week)
- 30 holidays per annum (based on 40 hours/week)
- Premium-free pension
- Start date 15 February 2019
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Information & Application
If you are interested in this position and would like any additional information, please contact Irmgard Troon, HR Advisor via Irmgard.email@example.com.
The closing date for application is 27 January 2019.