Executive Assistant to the Chair MSF-OCA MT /GD MSF-Holland (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
You have a key role in supporting the Chair of the MSF-OCA Management Team (MT) /General Director MSF-Holland and Head of Directors Office (HoDO) with the overall coordination of MSF-OCA. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the OCA MT agenda, Planning and Control Cycle moments, coordination with the MSF-OCA Council and liaison with the MSF-Holland Board. You are instrumental in ensuring continuity of the day-to day functioning of the Executive Office through a facilitating and coordinating role of the (Executive) Assistants (EAs) to the OCA MT members Platform. The Platform aims to enhance standardization across (executive) support, alignment of the Departmental agenda’s and OCA MT agenda. You are providing executive support to the Chair MSF-OCA MT.
You will report to the Head of the Director’s Office. You will work in close cooperation with the EAs to the OCA MT, coordinate the EAs Platform and work in close cooperation with the Internal Communications Advisor.
Executive Support to Chair MSF-OCA MT:
- Support and prepare meetings as required, including agenda preparations ensuring input, reading materials and minutes;
- Follow up outstanding issues which emerge from the Chair MSF-OCA MT work, priorities and meetings to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Upload relevant documents to the online portal (SharePoint) so that is available to employees;
- Manage proactive the agenda including: scheduling meetings, book travel, arrange visas, process business expenses;
- Manage email inbox: filtering emails, responding to emails, highlighting urgent correspondence, organizing reading materials, etc.
Planning and Coordination Support to Chair OCA MT and HoDO:
- Day to day management of the OCA MT meetings, including scheduling, agenda preparation ensuring input from OCA MT members, minuting, documenting decisions, following up action points to ensure timely delivery and information sharing to staff;
- Support to the Control Cycle process including communication of instructions, setting deadlines, sharing documentation and scheduling meeting
- Coordinates with the OCA Council Coordinator to ensure alignment between OCA MT and OCA MT Council meeting agenda’s;
- Liaise with MSF-H Board Coordinator to ensure relevant linkages between OCA MT and MSF H Board meeting agenda’s;
- Coordinates and manages Executive Office day-to-day workflow, including 1) developing the OCA annual calendar, 2) keep track of payment scheduling, invoices and approvals, 3) documentation management (e.g. the cupboards and online and network drives), 4) holiday scheduling, 5) and provide content to internal communications officer from OCA MT to be shared with all staff and 6) focal point for anything Executive Office related.
Executive Support to the OCA MT:
- Coordinate the (Executive) Assistants Platform and support HoDO to enhance standardization across (executive) support, alignment of the Departmental agenda’s and OCA MT agenda to ensure continuity of the functioning of the Executive Office;
- Coordinate the EA support to (inter)departmental and movement wide projects;
- Coordinate the EA meetings, setting the agenda, chairing and documenting decisions, and following up action points to ensure timely delivery;
- Support the development of an annual plan for the (Executive) Assistants Platform.
We are looking for a dedicated candidate that makes the most of supporting others to be able to be successful. His/her first nature is to be extremely structured, organized and flexible. He/she should be service-focused and quality driven to ensure optimal functioning of the Chair of the OCA MT /GD MSF-Holland. You know what needs to be done when and are comfortable with switching continuously between operational tasks as well as administrative tasks. You are able to set priorities.
- Minimum of 5-year work experience in a similar post;
- A higher education level relevant to the post;
- Work experience in a similar position within MSF or the humanitarian sector is a pre;
- A first nature of being extremely structured and organized;
- Excellent organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Impeccable integrity and ability to deal with information of a confidential natur
- Stress resilient and ability to multi-task in a demanding environmen
- Fluency in English (preferably native). Knowledge of Dutch and French is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- A stimulating, professional working environment in an international organization
- A Dutch employment contract for one year, with option for renewal (for a full-time appointment based on 5 days per week).
- A gross salary in scale 6 between € 2,811 and € 4,015 based on relevant professional work experience, for full-time employment (based on a 40-hour week).
- A holiday entitlement of 30 days per annum.
- A premium-free pension.
Information and Application
For more information about this position, please contact Yvette Fleming, Head of Directors Office on phone +31 6 33333017 in the afternoons between 15.00 Pm and 17.30 Pm
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
The closing date for application is Thursday 23rd May 2019.
Interviews planned: First round interviews will on Monday 3rd of June and second round interviews on Tuesday 11th of June 2019.
The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of the applications.
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland