Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organizations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,100 international staff and employs 7,000 national staff.
At Médecins sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status and all other diversity characteristics.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 350 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Human Resources Management (HRM) department in MSF-Holland consists of approximately 70 people working in the units Office HR, HR Excellence, HR4U, Recruitment and career management, Pool Management, Psychosocial Care and Specialists & Field Support.
With immediate effect, MSF-Holland has a vacancy for a
Coordinator of International Staff Support Officers (100%)
– Based in Amsterdam –
- Lead the International Staff Support Officer team, which is responsible for mobility of MSF staff deployed to their respective field missions;
- Safeguard the working processes in the team and identify opportunities for improvement where needed;
- Integrate and ensure that best practices are being implemented by the team;
- Promote continuous improvements on efficiency and effectiveness of both the team and within the department;
- Collaborate with different stakeholders on inter- and intra- departmental projects;
- Evaluate and give feedback on performance;
- Recruitment and selection of new employees;
- Maintain communication and consistent collaboration between team members based in different locations (Amsterdam and Berlin).
- We are looking for an engaging, enthusiastic and dynamic professional with a Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant experience.
- Organisational sensitivity and excellent communication skills are essential to succeed as coordinator.
- Ideally you would have experience in coordinating a team that works on fast-paced and often changing tasks.
- You are persuasive with a track record of engaging with multiple stakeholders on a variety of topics.
- Excellent level in spoken and written English is essential.
- Planning &Organisation
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Networking & Relationship building
- A stimulating, professional working environment in an international organisation.
- A Dutch employment contract for a year with a full-time appointment based on 5 days per week, with the option for renewal.
- A gross salary in scale 6, between € 2,875 and € 4,106, based on relevant professional work experience, for full-time employment (based on a 40-hour week)
- 30 holiday and premium free pension.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, you can address your questions with Mihaela Ionasc, Staff Director. Mihaela.Ionasc@amsterdam.msf.org
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
We welcome your application by 5 February 2020.
The first round of interviews are planned in the week commencing 10 February 2020 and round two will be in the week starting 17 February 2020. An assessment might be part of the selection procedure.
*** Acquisitions regarding this position are not appreciated ***
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland