We are Medecins sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
The Logistics department plays a key role in ensuring logistic performance for the benefit of the programs deployed in the various project countries. The department consists of the Procurement Unit and the Field Support Unit. The Procurement Unit (25 staff) is responsible for processing the orders from some 26-project countries and delivering a wide assortment of medical and non-medical goods to the projects within the required timeframe. A part of the assortment is strategically held in stock while the rest is procured on an as need basis. Due the size and complexities of the program interventions, the stocked assortment is rapidly expanding.
With immediate effect, our Procurement Unit has a temporary vacancy for a:
Administrative Support Officer (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
POSITION AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
You provide administrative support to the Operational and Tactical teams of the Procurement Unit. The support consists of but is not limited to:
- Keeping the Document Management System up-to-date;
- Adding new batch-related documents to the Document Management System including the to-be-created repository for non-batch related documents facilitating the supply process to the field;
- Contacting suppliers to request missing documents;
- Informing the Tactical Procurement Officers for structural follow-up regarding suppliers that do not comply;
- Supporting Tactical Procurement Officers with RFIs, RFQs, etc.;
- Making sure information and settings (e.g. country in- and exclusivity settings, UoMs) are managed in a correct, consistent and uniform way in the ERP system;
- Uploading prices in the ERP system;
- Writing/updating/filing procedures relevant for Operational and Tactical Procurement;
- Identifies and points out the consequences of errors made by operational and tactical officers when working in the ERP environment resulting in time-consuming issues downstream; provides consistent and proper support to that effect (instrumental in solving these errors).
- Following up with different teams in regards to invoice status (paid / not paid)
- Preparing and providing reports on a regular basis
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible individual with a bachelors level education in a commercial or supply chain direction or with similar experience. You have at least three years of relevant work experience and are more than familiar with automated order processing systems / ERP systems (we have recently transitioned to Microsoft 365). Statistical/reporting skills in e.g. Excel are a must. Transactional work fits you, and so you are accurate and consistent. You strive for a zero defect environment and want to understand what effect potential errors in the system can have on the performance of the MSF international supply chain. You understand the system process behavior and the consequences it can have in other areas.
You are curious and inquisitive. You furthermore have good communication skills and good knowledge of the English language. Understanding the Dutch language is an advantage. You furthermore are organized, stress resistant, result driven and service-oriented in addition to a team player with initiative and a good follow-up attitude.
You are prepared to occasionally work beyond office hours, when required.
- Planning and organisation
- Service orientation
- Results and quality orientation
- Behavioral flexibility
A contract for 1 year based on a 100% appointment in salary grade 5 (with a gross monthly salary between € 2,429 and € 3,469 depending upon relevant professional experience and based upon a 40-hour working week).
A premium free pension and 30 holidays per year based on a 40-hour workweek.
A challenging position in a stimulating, professional an international working environment.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Mr. Lionel Bouché, Teamleader Tactical Procurement on phone 020-5209508.
Immediate availability is a plus.
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document. Deadline for application is 6 December 2019. Interviews will take place on 11 December 2019.
~~Acquisition is not appreciated ~~
- Address Artsen zonder Grenzen, Plantage Middenlaan, Amsterdam, Nederland