Administrative Assistant- The Hague (20 hrs/week)
We zijn op zoek naar een gestructureerd en energiek deeltijds administratief medewerker om ons kantoor in Den Haag te versterken.
To provide administrative and logistical support, co-ordinate events, assist with the preparation of documents and maintain records and files for the Constitution Building Programme/Wider Europe Programme Unit.
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance — International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building; by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building.
International IDEA develops, shares and enables the use of comparative knowledge in its key areas of expertise: electoral processes,constitution building,political participation and representation, democracy and development and democracy assessments.
It also addresses the important issues of gender, diversity, and conflict and security as they relate to democracy.
International IDEA is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and works worldwide through offices in New York, Brussels, The Hague, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports administrative processes of the office, including uploading contracts to Maconomy (financial management system);prepares and supports the administration of contracts and agreements with service providers and/or partner organizations;
- Organizes and coordinates logistical arrangements for meetings, conferences and workshops (obtaining quotes and booking venues, liaising with attendees, organizing travel, etc.).
- Assists with the preparation of meeting materials and conference room set up;
- Organizes staff travel including cost control, travel advances, travel claims and other associated issues; when applicable, assists external consultants;
- Processes outgoing mail; Sorts and distributes incoming and internal post; Receives and dispatches parcel; Provides special postal services such as recorded delivery; Books couriers and taxis as required;
- Deals with all general enquiries within reception, including email enquiries;
- Monitors office stock, and re-stocks as necessary;
- Liaises with the IT unit at Headquarters to ensure the needs of The Hague Office are met.
- Has developed knowledge and skills through formal training or work experience;
- Adds value to team-based activities in his/her unit; collaborates with other entities of the Institute as required;
- Follows internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines;
- Integrates a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Senior Programme Manager
- Has established skills to perform a range of day-to-day activities.
Operational Knowledge, skills and experience
- Integrates the results-based approach into his/her activities;
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others throughout the organization;
- Illustrates integrity, a collaborative spirit, a sense of achievement, and an understanding of risk management.
- No direct people management responsibility.
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options.
- Has an impact on the programme development and delivery through the quality of the services or information provided.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Liaises regularly with all internal and external stakeholders involved in his/her projects;
- Acts in all assignments with personal energy and engagement;
- English and Dutch: Fluent Oral and Written
Education and Experience
- Around 2 years experience as administrative assistant or similar;
- High school diploma and preferably business and/or secretarial education, university background is considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international context, e.g. in an intergovernmental organization, considered an advantage.
Terms of Contract
- Local Post. Two (2) year fixed term appointment.
- Full time salary, based upon a working week of 37.5 hours is EUR 2250 NET, as this is a part time position salary will be prorated based upon number of hours worked
- Start date as soon as possible
Please note as this is a local post, International IDEA will bear no costs relating to relocation of the selected candidate to the duty station. This position is open to those legally authorized to live and work in the Netherlands.
Applying for this position:
- Applications should be submitted online no later than 28 February 2018.
- Applications must be sent in English.
International IDEA is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.