We are here for people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Director of Programme Development and Support
The Director of Programme Development and Support (PDS) is responsible for the development of the ZOA programmatic and sectoral approach. The Director PDS manages the PDS team and works with the Board and the (International) Management Team, ensuring that the Programmatic side of ZOA’s work is represented at the strategic level within the organisation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- developing and empowering the PDS team and ensuring that optimized support and advice is provided to the country programmes, as well as making sure the highest levels of quality and accountability are maintained;
- enabling the PDS team to play an integral role, together with other department teams, in supporting and advising ZOA’s country programmes, including facilitating the functioning of the Country Support Teams;
- guarding and promoting ZOA’s Christian ethos and values and helping to set the ZOA culture accordingly.
- developing strategies on how to best serve ZOA’s beneficiaries within ZOA’s mandate of relief and recovery;
- adopting innovative methods in humanitarian and recovery programming in ZOA;
- ensuring that ZOA’s sectoral policies are state-of-the-art and/or developing new sectors in which ZOA is an early adopter and a front runner;
- optimizing ZOA’s implementation of its Theory of Change;
- developing cross-border and multi-country projects and programmes.
- provision of optimal programmatic and sectoral support to ZOA’s country operations;
- provision of optimal sectoral advise, support, and training to ZOA’s country operations;
- monitoring and assessing the programmatic aspects of the planning and control cycle of ZOA’s country operations for quality and effectiveness, resulting in applicable advice to the Country Directors and the Executive Board;
- initiating and/or facilitating relationships and cooperation with INGOs, knowledge institutions and networks in order to improve the impact of ZOA’s service to its beneficiaries.
- managing the PDS team in developing and realising/monitoring the annual PDS plan;
- as a member of the Senior and International Management Team, engaging in strategic discussions on ZOA management issues;
- performing duties related to ZOA’s staff security, such as being a member of the Crisis Management Team;
- managing the PDS team through regular consultation with the team as a whole and with each team member individually;
- facilitate internal coordination and learning between individual staff members.
- academic education in development studies, disaster studies or similar;
- a minimum of ten years international experience in the humanitarian or development sector, both at field and HQ level;
- higher management experience;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages are an advantage.
- focus and ability to empower others
- advising and coaching skills;
- excellent networking skills;
- good organiser and able to set priorities;
- able to operate at a conceptual/strategic level;
- able to work cross-culturally in a sensitive way.
- people-oriented and team player;
- inspires confidence;
- pro-active and decisive;
- putting Christian ethos and values into action.
- willingness to travel to ZOA countries on a regular basis;
- committed Christian.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration that suits the charity sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit our website www.zoa.nl.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Edwin Visser tel. 055-3663339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the ‘solliciteren’ button on this webpage.
Please note that, as part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered.