Do you want to work on a fair world for everyone? A world where everyone has equal opportunities, regardless of origin, gender, religion or orientation? VSO is an international development organisation with offices in 23 countries. Together with local partners, we identify local development issues and solutions. Thanks to the commitment and knowledge of local and international volunteers, our programmes create lasting change in places where it is most needed. Last year, we reached 4.5 million people through our “Volunteering for Development” approach, enabling them to have access to good healthcare, quality education and an adequate income.
In the area of resilient livelihoods, our impact ambition is to create inclusive resilient local communities and economies ensuring food, job and income security for marginalised women, young people and people living with disabilities.
Do you want to join this mission by mobilising resources, partners and networks?
Vacancy: Funding & Partnership lead (32-36 hours week)
With a focus on the area of resilient livelihoods
In this position you are responsible for developing our relationships with important funders, such as institutional donors and foundations, and creating partnerships with civil society organisations and other (consortium) partners. You take a key role in securing new income to sustain and grow our portfolio, with a specific focus on the field of resilient livelihoods, by writing winning proposals and developing competitive propositions. In terms of donors, VSO’s primary focus is on the EU and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in addition to a focus on expanding to other European governments and a number of foundations. Key tasks include:
Develop winning propositions and proposals
- Raise VSO’s programme income, mainly in the area of resilient livelihoods, through the development of new programmes and initiatives.
- Developing capture plans for specific opportunities.
- Directing the internal “bid process” in order to arrive at high quality funding proposals.
- Actively contributing to the writing process to arrive at competitive and innovative propositions and proposals.
Build strong relationships with donors and partners
- Taking the lead in positioning VSO in Europe and in our programme countries in order to make good use of opportunities. Monitoring and/or influencing donor policies and trends.
- Build and maintain relationships with important contacts within donor organisations. Support and advise others (e.g. country teams) within VSO regarding relationship management.
- Establish cooperation agreements with strategic partners regarding funding opportunities. Maintain relevant networks.
- During the implementation of programmes, ensure the relation with a donor is carefully maintained, financial and other guidelines are properly implemented, in collaboration with financial colleagues.
In this role, you will be working closely with global thematic experts in the livelihoods practice area, programme development specialists and a range of other colleagues, including our country teams, with the aim of developing solid and competitive proposal, in line with VSO’s strategy. You will be working as part of the enthusiastic team of VSO Netherlands (25 colleagues) in Utrecht, with two other colleagues in the business development team, that reports to the VSO NL director. You are also part of the global business development team of VSO, that is dispersed over our offices in the United Kingdom, United States, Africa and Asia, with a matrix line to the head of this team.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience and expertise in the field of programme and business development.
- You have worked extensively with key European donors, for example with the EU.
- Able to demonstrate previous success in securing funding and relations with key donors.
- Demonstrable expertise in the field of resilient livelihoods for the most marginalised, e.g. with a focus on access to jobs, food security, sustainable income. VSO’s focus for this programme is mainly in East Africa with the MENA region as a potential region for development. Experience in these regions is preferable.
- Able to drive the development of exciting and inspiring propositions and to lead key account management.
- Understands how to gather donor intelligence in order to improve donor account management, with already established donor networks at both regional and global levels.
- Strong in building relationships. You easily enter into new contacts and you pay attention to careful follow-up in relationship management. Experienced in negotiating collaboration agreements with partners.
- You have excellent communication skills, are persuasive and easily create support for your ideas. High degree of organisational sensitivity and can work well with people from different backgrounds.
- You work easily under pressure and are able to manage tight deadlines.
- Excellent and provable writing skills in English.
- Working in a dynamic international organisation on a great mission, with many opportunities for personal development.
- Excellent working conditions; Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work.
- Salary: depending on experience, scale 10, maximum € 4,712 based on 36 hours.
- A monthly accrued individual budget (IKB); made up of 18% of the gross salary.
- A personal training budget.
- Possibility to work (partly) from home.
Are you enthusiastic about this role and do you meet our profile, do not hesitate and apply immediately! Mail your motivation and CV in English no later than 29 August 2021, stating: vacancy Funding & Partnership Lead to Anita van Dijk using the ‘solliciteren’ button on this page. If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Erik Ackerman director VSO NL: 030 2320600 from 19 July to 30 July and from 23 August to 27 August. The interviews will take place on 2 September (first round) and 10 September ( second round).
VSO is located in Het Nieuwe Kantoor (HNK), an inspiring and contemporary environment within walking distance of Utrecht CS.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.