The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment
The Challenge Fund for Youth Employment aims to create employment opportunities for 200,000 young people, half of them women. This 5-year programme, initiated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is implemented by Palladium, Randstad and VSO. Within the fund, there is a focus on three thematic areas: Decent Work, Gender and Social Inclusion and Youth Engagement, Empowerment & Resilience (YEER).
Coordinator Youth Empowerment & Resilience
In this position you work with the thematic lead on YEER and a pool of other YEER experts, to ensure that this thematic area is further developed and technical assistance activities within this area are implemented.
Coordination of YEER activities and ensuring timely delivery (across multiple countries)
- Coordination of YEER Technical Assistance during inception phase (3 to 6 months), implementation phase (24 months), end phase (3 months) with CFYE Implementing Partners in up to 22 countries. Implementing Partners are typically private sector companies, or consortia with private entities and development organizations.
- Provide support to national and international volunteers as well as other experts (where relevant) during implementation of tools from the YEER toolkit.
- Lead and support development and delivery of YEER tools and activities to Fund partners, at internal and external events.
- Liaise with other thematic teams to ensure coordination of tasks during delivery of Technical Assistance activities.
Project management and donor compliance
- Ensure smooth daily management, including monitoring and evaluation, of the technical assistance portfolio of YEER projects.
- Provide advise to colleagues implementing the YEER toolkit during delivery, and establish linkages between YEER volunteers and other experts working in different countries.
- Ensure full compliance with project requirements in reporting and administration.
- Develop, design and conduct YEER needs assessment, together with other experts, to ensure all new CFYE investments are based upon sound needs analysis and in line with the YEER strategy.
- Based on the needs assessments, implement YEER technical assistance, in collaboration with other experts, in line with the TA plans.
- Refine tools in the YEER toolkit, based on experience and feedback during implementation. Ensure continuous learning and improvement of the toolkit.
- Ensure that all YEER projects and strategies have a youth-led and youth-centered focus, and are suitable for a private sector audience.
- Provide technical support and contributions to development of knowledge products on YEER, and present these to internal and external audiences.
You will work within the enthusiastic team of VSO Netherlands (25 colleagues) in Utrecht. You are part of the programme team on the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment within VSO and the wider CFYE team including colleagues of Palladium and Randstad. You will report to VSO’s CFYE programme lead, who is also the thematic lead on YEER. You work directly with colleagues in the countries of implementation, with VSO global thematic specialists, with volunteers and implementing partners of the fund.
- You are a talented professional in the field of international development. This role would be an interesting second or third step in your career.
- You bring a basic level of experience in the thematic field of YEER, along with an eagerness to deepen and broaden your knowledge and experience rapidly in this role.
- You are ambitious and find it a challenge to realise the ambitious goals of the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment.
- You are a fast learner, result-oriented, hands-on professional, who always seeks to find practical and client focussed solutions.
- You are strong in building relationships. You easily enter into new contacts and you pay attention to careful follow-up in relationship management.
- You have excellent communication skills, are persuasive and easily create support for your ideas.
- You have a high degree of organisational sensitivity and can work well with people from different backgrounds.
- You work easily under pressure and are able to manage tight deadlines.
- Relevant prior education at HBO + / academic level.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of international development, with a focus on YEER or related subjects.
- Strong affinity with VSO’s mission and vision.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) with high proficiency in French or Arabic is a major added value
- Willing to travel to CFYE programme countries in Africa and MENA region (if circumstances permit).
* Strong online facilitation skills and confident in delivering content through online (interactive) meeting tools.
- Excellent working conditions; Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work.
- Salary: depending on experience, scale 9, € 2,936 – € 4,252 based on 36 hours. Starting with a one-year contract, with the prospect of a multi-year employment.
- A monthly accrued individual budget (IKB); made up of 18% of the gross salary.
- A personal training budget.
- Possibility to work (partly) from home.
- Good coffee and fresh fruit!
Are you enthusiastic about this role and do you meet our profile, do not hesitate and apply immediately! Mail your motivation and CV in English no later than January 14, 2021, stating: vacancy YEER Coordinator CFYE to Anita van Dijk: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Irene Sleven, programme manager: 030 2320600. She can be reached from Monday January 10th onwards. The interviews will take place on 21 or 22 January (first round) and 26 January ( second round).
VSO is located in Het Nieuwe Kantoor (HNK), an inspiring and contemporary environment within walking distance of Utrecht CS.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.