Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in Germany, India and the UK. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 30 countries. MSF-OCA deploys 1,300 international staff per annum and employs 8,500 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland is located in Amsterdam and hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
The Logistics Department (LogD) supports the overall purpose of MSF, providing logistics and technical support to the OCA field operations. The department is responsible for providing strategic direction, integrated advice and hands on support to logistics and technical issues in the field. The department is made up of the Field Support Unit (FSU) and the Amsterdam Procurement Unit (APU).
The goal of APU is to supply the field with the right goods at the right place in the right time. The Procurement Unit (34 staff) is responsible for processing the orders from the project countries and delivering a wide assortment of medical and non-medical goods to the projects within the required timeframe. A part of the assortment is strategically held in stock while the rest is procured on an as need basis.
The Tactical Procurement team is part of APU and ensures that goods and services can be sourced and are available at one or more suppliers at the right time, in the right quantity and for the right price. It continuously looks for improvements in availability and pricing, while anticipating and mitigating potential supply-related risks. The team actively manages supplier relations and controls their performance.
At International level, in line with the MSF Organizational Supply Strategys (OSS), the MSF Strategic Procurement Program (MSPP) has been launched in order to intensify collaboration between the different MSF entities and streamline the existing MSF procurement set up. In the frame of the MSPP Program, the Tactical Procurement team works in cooperation with the two other European Supply Centers (ESCs) in Brussels and Bordeaux, in an effort to further mutualize procurement and leverage the scale of MSF.
In this context, with immediate effect, Artsen zonder Grenzen has 2 temporary vacancies for:
TACTICAL PROCUREMENT OFFICER (100%)
Based in Amsterdam until 31/12/2020
POSITION AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
The Tactical Procurement Officer is part of the Tactical Procurement Team and reports directly to the Team Leader Tactical Procurement.
In this position, following the Procurement Strategy, you develop and implement an action plan for the spend categories under your responsibility, to ensure that the MSF projects are supplied with the requested products for the best prices taking the MSF specifications and quality standards into account and assuring the expected service level and performance.
You cooperate on a daily basis with your internal stakeholders as a way to fulfil at best the requirements of the organization while striving for optimizations, and you perform a constant Market watch to monitor supply risks and opportunities.
You work in full alignment with your counterparts from the other ESCs to ensure one common approach towards the supplier base and the full leverage of MSF scale.
You develop a balanced and reliable supplier base while managing Strategic Supplier Relationships, and you put in place the appropriate risk-mitigation measures for the most exposed areas of your procurement spend.
To support the development of the Procurement function within MSF, you contribute to the development, harmonization and implementation of practices related to Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Base Management, Risk Management, Sustainable Procurement and other Procurement-related processes, and apply them in your daily work.
- You are a highly motivated, enthusiastic person with a Bachelor or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain Management or Procurement/Sourcing. In addition, you have at least 5 years professional experience of which at least 2 in a procurement environment.
- You are familiar with Procurement Management principles such as Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Base Management and Risk Management.
- Good communication skills and fluency in English (speaking and writing) are essential. You should be able to draw up unambiguous written agreements in English. Understanding the French and Dutch language is an asset.
- Statistical/reporting skills in e.g. Excel are necessary. You do not just possess analytical skills; you know how to use them to turn data into meaningful information, and to convince your stakeholders accordingly.
- Your way of working is organised. You are a good team player, but can work independently as well and have a problem-solving attitude. You are furthermore service-oriented, demonstrate initiative and have a good follow-up attitude.
- The work environment is at times hectic and unpredictable, which makes flexibility, thinking out-of-the-box and eagerness to learn, important qualities. To do it well, you should be prepared to teach yourself everything that is relevant. You display attention to detail and can multi-task.
- Project management skills are a plus; so is knowledge of pharmaceuticals and medical devices, GDP and regulatory affairs.
- You are a keen negotiator and able to use market knowledge effectively. In the framework of cooperation with the other operational MSF supply centres, you will engage in international meetings on procurement topics and product families.
- You are prepared to work outside office hours when required.
- Teamwork & Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Planning & Organisation
- Results & Quality Orientation
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- A contract until 31 December 2020, based on a full-time appointment for 40 hours per week (100% labour percentage).
- A gross monthly salary in scale 6 between 2,875 and 4,106 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours per week);
- Other benefits include 30 holidays per annum (based on a fulltime appointment) and a premium-free pension plan.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Mr Lionel Bouche, Team Leader Tactical Procurement by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will be reviewing applications as they come in. Immediate availability is a plus. The closing date for this post may be brought forward or extended depending on the volume and strength of applications.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the Apply Now button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document. Deadline for application is 6 May 2020
Interviews are scheduled for 13 May 2020 and will include a short exercise to test your proficiency with MS Excel.
***Acquisition is not appreciated***