The Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre is the expertise centre of the international Red Cross and Red Crescent in the field of climate change and climate disasters. The Climate Centre’s mission is to help the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its partners reduce the impacts of climate change and extreme-weather events on vulnerable people.
The Climate Centre consists of an enthusiastic small team that guides a growing network of colleagues from all over the world in integrating climate risks into their work. The Climate Centre works closely with the Netherlands Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in Geneva.
Due to a vacancy at the Climate Centre, we are immediately looking for an:
Experienced Financial Administrative Officer – Maternity Coverage
Position within the organization:
The Financial Administrative Officer is part of the core team of the Climate Centre, works closely with the Senior Administrator and reports to the Climate Centre’s Senior Finance Manager. The Climate Centre’s office is located in The Hague, however the candidate will be able to work virtually from the Netherlands.
Envisaged start date 15 July 2021.
The Financial Administrative Officer is responsible for the administration of Climate Centre projects. He/she is an important pivot in our often hectic office (with a small team in NL and a number of employees abroad). We are therefore looking for an accurate colleague with an eye for detail.
- Accounting and administration.
- Maintaining the central finance mailbox, answering questions.
- Incoming and outgoing invoices.
- Checking time registration and declarations.
- Set up and check payments and bank statements.
- (assistance with) Project reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting and annual closing.
- General project administration support.
- Excellent financial skills, strong in numbers and accounting.
- Experience in project organizations (including knowledge of time registration systems, declaration systems)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, knowledge of other languages welcome.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Minimum of two years demonstrable experience in a financial/administrative position.
- Minimum MBO+/MEAO+ education.
- Living in the Netherlands and (if required) in posession of a valid work- and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with automated accounting packages (Exact Project Administration is a plus)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Able to work with a diverse group of individuals and in a virtual environment in a professional manner.
- Able to build and maintain positive, effective relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Able to prioritize.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- Accurate, proactive.
- Hands-on, team player.
A flexible and people-oriented working environment with room for initiative and development. A contract for 18 weeks. The full time (40 hours per week) salary for this position is between € 2829,50 and 3555,89 gross per month (scale 7 of the Climate Centre salary scales) depending on education and work experience. All additional benefits are as per the Collective Labor Agreement of the Netherlands Red Cross.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your application (in English) addressed to Olette Manhoudt, HR officer at the Climate Centre on or before 13 June 2021 via the ‘sollicitatie’ button on this page.
Interviews will be held in the week of 21st June 2021.
For further information about the position, please contact Olette Manhoudt, HR officer at the Climate Centre at HR@climatecentre.org.
An assessment and reference check can be part of the selection process.
For more information about the work of the Red Cross Climate Centre, visit www.climatecentre.org and www.redcross.nl.
LinkedIn: Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
Acquisition as result of this vacancy is not appreciated