The Netherlands Red Cross helps to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations and we respond to disasters and conflicts to save lives and alleviate suffering. In the Netherlands we do this with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally through technical assistance, supplies and financial aid. Together we act before, during and after natural and man-made disasters to meet the needs and to improve the lives of vulnerable people.
We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
510 is the data initiative of the Netherlands Red Cross. Our vision is that smart use of data will help towards faster, higher quality and more (cost) effective humanitarian aid at a global level. The 510 initiative was established early 2016 and has grown since into a team of 100 core and project staff, students and volunteer data experts with diverse backgrounds. The team is developing data and digital solutions for humanitarian aid. Our main results are published on 510.global.
510 has opened a vacancy for a:
Planner and Project support
(The Hague, 24-32 hours p/w)
Time Period : 1 year
Purpose of the position
This position supports the 510 team with optimizing and executing the planning, business and financial control and project processes.
Position within 510
Your line manager is the Operations Lead of 510. You are the linking pin between 510 and the other financial and administrative functions within the Netherlands Red Cross (financial controllers, project administration officers, planning and control and financial administration staff).
Impact of your work
Through your work, 510 team is able to deliver timely, high quality and cost-effective products and services to Red Cross national societies and people in need while at the same time maintaining an efficient and transparent financial administration and being accountable to donors and partners.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks for this position are:
Supporting technical project coordinators with;
- Creating and maintaining an accurate and realistic project planning in our planning system (Forecast)
- Creating and maintaining project budgets, and adding actuals coming from the financial administration into Forecast
- Understanding donor conditions (on planning, and financial and narrative reporting) and supporting reporting of implementation with an eye on accuracy
- Creating project initiation documents, supporting workflows and archiving project agreements and contracts
Supporting project proposal writers with;
- Reviewing grant and proposal opportunities (by filling and using a scoring matrix)
- Support the scoping of a project, its resource planning and budget in our planning system
Supporting the 510 operations lead with;
- Monitoring team capacity (overuse, under use) and making suggestions to improve team capacity planning
- Monitoring time registration of staff and ensuring all time is registered weekly. Monthly reporting of all hours booked per project.
- Checking consistency between time registrations and leave / holiday registrations in the relevant systems
- Creating dashboards with key data and information to monitor projects, data quality and financial situation
- Organizing the financial processes and inputs to the Finance teams
- Monitoring legal (donor) compliance of project related agreements
- Has a relevant degree at a University (WO) or University of Applied Sciences (HBO) with background in resource planning, financial administration, project administration, business management or equal
- Living in the Netherlands
Skills and experience
- At least 1 years of professional experience with above mentioned tasks
- Demonstrable interest in humanitarian aid.
- Strong interpersonal and advising skills, amongst which a clear talent for supporting colleagues and others in person or from a distance
- Excellent command of Excel, PowerBI, PowerQuery
- Able to work with web based Information Management systems
- Good skills in integrating datasets, data analysis and visualization
- Excellent command of English and Dutch language
- Plan able to create adequate planning
- Accurate is very accurate
- Quality Oriented able to provide high quality outputs
- Analyzing and judging able to analyse data and draw conclusions
- Structure able to create structure in projects
- Service Oriented able to be proactive towards those you are supporting
- Listening skills – Being able to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbally)
- Teaching able to explain complex matters in simple terms to others
What we offer
A flexible and social working environment with room for initiative and personal development. Frequent travelling is part of this position. Salary is set at scale 9, dependent upon education and relevant professional experience (min. 2.597,55 and max. 3.274,25 gross based on fulltime position). The position is funded through a number of projects in 510. Extension of the position after one year is subject to availability of new projects.
Please send a letter of motivation and CV in English as soon as possible, but no later than March 8th 2020, due to the start of the recruitment procedure, with reference to Rob Vugs and using the online application tool: https://werkenbij.rodekruis.nl/nl/Vacancy/Postulate/155337
For further information on the position please contact Stefania Giodini at firstname.lastname@example.org An assessment and reference check are part of the selection procedure. The vacancy will be closed if a suitable candidate has been found, but no later than March 8th 2020.
Acquisition for this vacancy will not be appreciated