We help to reduce vulnerabilities and strengthen resilience by responding to disasters and crises, and by supporting community and institutional risk reduction and disaster preparedness.
In the Netherlands we do this with more than thirty thousand volunteers, and internationally with the aid of specialists or by sending relief supplies or financial support though our national sister Societies, IFRC, and ICRC.
Together we act before, during and after disasters to mitigate consequences and meet the needs affected people, and improve the lives of those most vulnerable. We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion. Our seven fundamental principles guide our humanitarian work: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality.
The International Department of the Netherlands Red Cross Society (NLRC) is looking for a French speaking:
Partnership & Portfolio Coordinator (PPC)
Central African Republic, Mali & Haiti, 40 hrs p/w, Location The Hague
Position in the organization:
The position reports to the Head of the Programmatic Partnership Unit. The three NLRC Country Representatives (CR) currently deployed report directly to the PPC. NLRC employs also six to nine international project delegates in these countries.
Objective of the role:
The Partnership & Portfolio Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of the Partnership strategy and the project portfolio in CAR (Central African Republic), Haiti and Mali. Together with the Portfolio Officer (PO) of these countries you form a desk to facilitate the long term partnership with our sister National Societies through strategic and project implementation support provided by the delegates in the field. In dialogue with the sister National Societies, the strategic direction of the partnership is developed which guides the development of the project portfolio. The projects are part of a 10-year partnership with the sister National Societies in these countries. Our partners implement the projects in close cooperation with the NLRC project delegates in the field. The PPC liaises at HQ in The Hague with HR, finance, procurement, communication, technical advisors, security officer, PMER and other supporting departments on issues relating to this portfolio.
The activities supported by NLRC in these countries vary: emergency & recovery assistance and disaster risk reduction projects in Haiti to Response Preparedness and health activities in CAR and Mali. Furthermore, where possible, capacity building of the local Red Cross society and its volunteers is an essential element in our approach.
- Develop and disseminate together with CR the NLRC vision document (reflecting the strategic directions) for the 4 countries, coordinate the partnership process and finalize Partnership Agreements;
- Strengthen the partnership between NLRC and the sister National Societies of CAR, Haiti and Mali and play a key role in designing and operationalizing these plans agreed with sister National Societies;
- Support the National Societies, based on the NLRC current strategy New Way of Working and their respective national strategies;
- Support the RC Movement coordination process at HQs, ensuring synergy and complementarity with other actors, particularly those within the RC/RC Movement;
- Support the field team in taking the appropriate actions in Emergency Response situations.
- Responsible for the recruitment, (de)briefing, line-management and appraisal of NLRC Country Representatives (CR) working in CAR, Haiti and Mali;
- Responsible for implementation of security policies and briefing at HQ of all persons travelling to the stated countries in line with Country Security Plans and the NLRC policy and protocol.
Finance and Reporting
- Ensure adequate information flow regarding ongoing operations for both NLRC management and external communication;
- Ensure timely and quality narrative and financial reports, meeting NLRC and donor requirements;
- Responsible for annual country budget process and ensuring enough funding to maintain support structure in country.
Planning and Resource mobilisation
- Identification of intervention gaps and funding possibilities within the framework of the NLRC and National Societies strategies and assessed needs, together with CR develop funding strategy;
- Actively represent the NLRC towards (decentralized) donors, such as the EU and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and support the CR in doing the same at field level.
- Equivalent university (Masters) Degree or advanced degree, combined with extensive experience in working with partners in an international humanitarian setting;
- Experience in the francophone African countries is required;
- Minimum of 5-years experience in line-management in emergency or developmental humanitarian work in complex disaster settings, preferably within the RC/RC Movement;
- Commitment to Red Cross Mission and Values, good understanding of the RC Fundamental Principles and able to translate that into concrete action;
- Experience with strategy development, strategic planning and its translation into concrete action;
- Experience in (resilience) project development and international management;
- Good understanding of financial management, accounting systems, budgeting, and cost control procedures;
- Willingness to travel regularly to the 4 partner countries.
- Working permit in The Netherlands
- Able to work in politically complex and challenging environment,
- Team player, supportive towards colleagues, relationship builder, culturally competent, diplomatic;
- Excellent communication skills (proposals, reporting, correspondence) with strong interpersonal and coaching skills,
- Able to work independently, though in concert with NLRC Country Representatives and NLRC advisors;
- Knowledge of the socio-economic and political context in the French speaking Africa region is essential, working experience in any of the countries is an asset;
- Proven ability (written and spoken) in French and English, working ability in Dutch;
- Skills in Word and Excel, quick learner of Internet-based management systems, such as Sharepoint and Intranet.
scale 12 gross monthly salary min. 3.652,98 – max. 4.874,34 for full time employment
Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference to Sophia van Maanen before January 12th, 2020 via https://werkenbij.rodekruis.nl/nl/Vacancy/Postulate/149913
For more information please contact Wassim Beaineh (firstname.lastname@example.org)
An assessment is part of the selection process.