Mama Cash is at the start of an ambitious 10-year plan, during which we want to realise a significant financial growth with the help of our donors and partners. Trust and reliability are keywords in all our relationships, most certainly with grantee-partners and donors. To help us build and secure this trust and reliability, we are looking for a grants administration officer.
The person we are looking for has a love for figures and feminism, understands the needs of grantee-partners and donors alike, has a hawk eye for accuracy and detail but doesn’t lose sight of the bigger picture, finds pride in a flawless administration, and knows how to read a budget and a financial report.
If you are that person, we’d love to hear from you.
Grants Administration Officer
Your key responsibilities will be, among others:
- Review grantee-partner budgets
- Review financial reports from grantee-partners
- Assess financial capacity of grantee-partners and advise programme staff about this
- Manage the grant contract process for awarded grants
- Prepare internal overviews and reports
- Develop grantmaking procedures, in close collaboration with the grants manager, and ensure they are aligned with donor requirements
Functional Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of financial administration / business administration / accountancy
- Preferably experience with working in an international organisation, with a focus on human rights/development collaboration, knowledge of the funding and budget contexts of feminist activist groups in different parts of the world
- Communications skills: Can explain financial terminology to non-financial people, has inter-cultural communication skills
- Strong Excel skills. Knowledge of CRM and bookkeeping-systems, Salesforce and Exact are a plus
- Committed to the vision, mission and values of Mama Cash
- Highly collaborative, able to quickly establish credibility and trust within the organization
- Punctual, organised, accurate, attentive to details
- Fluent in English, preferably speaks Dutch
What we offer
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 9 (min.) € 2.884,- (max.) € 4.252,- 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
Are you interested in this position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job description, through the form below.
Deadline for application: June 2nd, 2021
For more information please contact Jappe Kok, Director of Finance & Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in. We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disablism.