The LSP Contract Manager is part of the Amsterdam Procurement Unit and reports directly to the Head of the Logistics Department. In this position, you manage the team of Transport Officer and Stock Managers (which might change in the future).
MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries with more than 11,000 staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
As of 1 February, we are looking for a:
Logistic Service Provider (LSP) Contract Manager (100%)
based in Amsterdam
Position within the organisation
The LSP Contract Manager is part of the Amsterdam Procurement Unit and reports directly to the Head of the Logistics Department. In this position, you manage the team of Transport Officer and Stock Managers (which might change in the future), as well as our Logistics Service Providers for International Transport and Warehousing.
Objectives of the position
As a Contract Manager, you are responsible for the quality, accuracy, efficiency and availability of International Transport and Warehousing, and leading the inventory function across the organization, working with other team leaders in the Logistics department to support overall operational and logistics goals as outlined in our strategic plans.
In this role your knowledge, experience and hard work directly contributes to advancing MSF’s social mission of assisting people around the world affected by conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, or exclusion from health care.
Are you looking for a job that engages your heart and soul? Then this is your chance to take part in making the world a bit better every day, and to enjoy the satisfaction, self-fulfilment and personal growth that is sometimes hard to find.
- Develop upstream supply network and partnering / sourcing strategy for LSP’s
- Develop stock policy’s for APU product portfolio, track and improve stock availability and stock holding cost, and is responsible for optimisation of stock profiles at all locations, including emergency stocks, while integrating procurement constraints and opportunities
- Align and coordinate MSF internal activities when process changes are required for better functioning of LSP
- Responsible for the development and improvement of Transport and Warehousing policies, guidance, tools, content of trainings and other activities within MSF OCA and other MSF intersectional initiatives that are in scope of the unit
- Own and maintain the contracts with LSP’s, recommend on renewal or termination (tender)
- Maintain up-to-date operational blue print and own the change request procedure
- Maintain pricing model; discuss pricing in and, in alignment with Teamleader Tactical Procurement, outside scope of the contract, and validate invoices
- Maintain a MSF OCA Management dashboard providing insight in LSP operations;
- Define MSF internal supply chain cost saving opportunities, assess external logistics solution developments and challenge LSP
- Escalation level for distribution complaints, claims and CAPA’s and closely align with the GDP Responsible Person in case of GDP related issues
- Facilitate and promote continuous improvement initiatives and the collaboration between service providers and teams, in order to develop best practices and organization wide support for achieving department and organisational strategic goals
- Manage the continuous improvement calendar and projects with the LSP
- Manage, coach, develop and motivate his/her team and create a working environment where people can contribute and develop
- Organise Periodic Review meetings with the main LSP for Transport & Warehousing , discuss performance and follow up on defined actions
- Responsible for optimization of cost (transportation, storage, handling) and service (quality, information, inventory, lead time) in line with organizational requirements
- Safeguard internal and GDP compliance in transport and stock management processes, raise issues with GDP Responsible Person and ensure up-to-date record keeping and follow up of distribution complaints and claims
You are a highly motivated, enthusiastic person with at least 3+ years’ work experience in a relevant position in which you managed LSP’s, or worked with partners for warehousing and forwarding. You have experience in leading, motivating and developing the performance of diverse teams. You have familiarity with automated stock and warehousing management systems/ERP systems is an asset.
- HBO/WO degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Economics or other related subject, with advanced knowledge of distribution, warehousing and international forwarding
- You are enthusiastic, result-oriented and service minded, thriving in a hectic working environment
- You are data savvy, bringing a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills in English is a prerequisite and a working knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
- MSF experience, or work experience in the humanitarian sector is considered favourably but an affinity with MSF values is a ‘must-have’; and you have to be prepared to work outside office hours when required (e.g. in case of emergencies in MSF projects and for stock counts with LSP’s)
A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation. A challenging experience within a NGO.
A Dutch employment contract from 1 February 2021, based on 40 hours per week. The contract is for one year (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment.
A gross monthly salary in scale 6 between between € 2.875,- and € 4.106,- depending on professional experience, based on a 40-hour working week.
Attractive secondary benefits (e.g. premium free pension, 30 holidays).
If you recognize yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on his page and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the process).
The closing date for applications is 13 December 2020. The interviews takes place in the week of 11 January 2021.
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information about the recruitment procedure, please contact:
Daphne Gorgels (Recruitment Consultant) at Daphne.Gorgels@amsterdam.msf.org
For more information about the position, please contact Marcel Langenbach, Interim Head Of Department Logistic, LogD: Marcel.Langenbach@amsterdam.msf.org
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
***Acquisition is not appreciated***