Are you the skilled project manager with experience in EU funding programmes that we are looking for?
Royal Dutch Visio Expertise centre for partially sighted and blind people operates not only in the Netherlands but is also internationally active. For many years Visio has been cooperating with partners in Europe and all over the world. In order for us to make sure that we deliver the best services to our clients in the Netherlands we work together with many international experts and professionals to grow, and develop our knowledge.
Project manager expertise – EU projects
(28 – 32 hours a week)
We are looking for an experienced project manager for EU funded projects. These projects are research projects as well as projects that are focused on good practices and innovations. Our cooperation partners include: partner institutes from all over the world also working with partially sighted and blind people, educational and academic partners, industry partners and many more.
We are looking for an energetic and skilled colleague who is able to provide excellent hands-on management to our EU projects.
You will be responsible for the implementation of activities related to one or more of Visio’s EU-funded projects to ensure they are carried out consistently and successfully in accordance with the funding programmes’ rules and work plans.
You will also support the Programme manager in preparing the narrative and financial components of new project proposals (These could be international as well as national projects).
You will be part of Visio’s programme team ‘International cooperation in partnerships, networks and projects’. This team explores and acts on new opportunities for international cooperation.
We offer (Dit krijg je):
- A challenging and diverse position
- A contract for one year, with prospect of extension
- A contract for 28 to 32 hours per week,
- A professional work environment in an enthusiastic team with colleagues who have a passion for making a change in the lives of visually impaired people.
- Flexibility in when and where you work
- Very good additional terms of employment; we refer to the collective agreements of the institutions for disabled people (CAO Gehandicaptenzorg)
- A gross salary of maximum EUR 3.738 based on 36 hours (FWG 50)
Tasks (Dit ga je doen)
- Plan, manage and monitor, one or more of Visio’s European multi-partner Projects with, mainly Erasmus+ partnership projects for School Education
- Ensure that the project activities are executed according to project plan and that the deliverables are produced and submitted timely throughout the duration of project.
- Prepare narrative and financial project reports for justification to the awarding authority (EC or National Agency). Ensure that these reports are submitted timely and in accordance with the rules specified by the European Commission.
- Check and monitor budget expenditures both at project and partner organizations’ level.
- Contribute to communication and engagement strategies, writing of the communication, dissemination and evaluation plans and reports
- Organise and promote project meetings, workshops and events
- Function as the first contact point of the project keeping clear communication with all stakeholders of the project: the project team members, the awarding authority, administrators, Visio management and supporting departments such as HR and finance.
Your profile (Dit ben jij)
- Higher Professional Education level
- Experience in managing EU-funded (research) projects and funding applications.
- Knowledge of funding programmes, rules of participation and administrative and financial project management provisions. In any case of Erasmus+ projects, preferably also of other funding programmes such as Horizon 2020, EASI, ESF or other EU programmes.
- Culturally sensitive, high social and intercultural competence and able to operate in both formal and more informal consortia.
- Experience in working at the interface between professionals and administration, external partners and funding authorities
- Creative in finding out which tools work best to keep your project on track and help you keep the overview so that you can easily describe the current status and report on the highlights and risks of the project at all times.
- Fluent in English and able to communicate effectively with a variety of partners and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and countries.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write social media content, press releases, prepare reports, make presentations
- Strong planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Flexible, efficient and excel when working with deadlines
- Able to travel outside the Netherlands for project meetings from time to time
You can send your application letter and CV (in English) by replying via www.werkenbijvisio.org. We would like to receive your letter and CV no later than the 31th of October. For information you can contact Aukje Snijders (06-46048329) programme managers Europe or Leonie Steijvers (06-46944089) manager Expertise and Knowledge development (E&K). The first round of job interviews will take place on the 3rd and 4th of November.
As part of our social security policy we ask a certificate of conduct (“Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag”, VOG).