Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organization that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,200 international staff and employs 10,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. The Human Resources Management (HRM) department in MSF-Holland consists of approximately 50 people working in the units Administration & Services, Office HR, Recruitment, Pool Management, Psychosocial Care and Specialists & Field Support.The Administration & Services (A&S) unit is amongst other things responsible for organising deployment of expats and contract administration. The team of the Administration & Services unit consists at this moment of International Staff Support Officers, Salary Administrators and Administration & Services Employees.
Our HR Department is looking for an:
International Staff Support Officer (100%)
Based in Amsterdam
This is a temporary position starting ASAP until the end of 2019.
As the new International Staff Support Officer you will report to the Coordinator HRM International Staff Support. You will be part of an energetic and ambitious international team of International Staff Support Officers (divided over Amsterdam and Berlin office), who have their own portfolio of countries. You will be the expert and focal point for customers, colleagues inside and outside the HRM department on movement (including visa) to and from missions under the management of the regular desks.
- Organizes, executes and monitors the deployment process for International staff travelling to and from missions.
- Organizes International staff field departures and returns regarding health preparations, travels, accommodation, (de)briefings at HQ;
- Finds solutions in deviations from the standard regarding International staff arrivals and returns and informs the mission accordingly;
- Safeguards the completeness of the missions information on security, health and field reports for distribution to International staff and office employees going to the field;
- Safeguards the internal invoice approval cycle including checking, approving and processing invoices of international staff related costs and forward the billing to other MSF sections for reimbursement;
- Contributes pro-actively to the improvement of the efficiency of the field placement process between all HR units involved.
- With International staff and other MSF sections on the details and logistics regarding their departure, return and (de)briefings and execute and monitor the deployment process for International staff;
- With Pool Management, Career Managers and the Training Department on planned departures and returns to provide and monitor the administrative support for the International staff in the placement process;
- With the HR counterparts in the field on International staff movements and basic HR policies to support them in their administrative processes regarding International staff;
- With Operations and support departments on (de)briefings to exchange information specific to the portfolio.
- With the external travel agency and representatives of hotels to book and monitor travel arrangements and accommodation.
- With Embassies and consulates on visa procedures to process the deployment process for international staff going to and returning from the mission, to monitor the process and escalate in case of delays and or other problems in the process;
- With GG&GD and the AMC hospital on MSFs health preparations and medical check-ups to liaise between international staff going to the field and the GG&GD and the AMC to organise and monitor appointments for International staff;
- With Municipalities, Ministries and Universities on legalizing official documents and Letters of Good Standing to assist International Staff to process the visa procedures.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated team player, who wants to work in a dynamic and sometimes stressful environment which requires flexibility, multi-tasking and a problem solving attitude. Moreover, someone who has a high level of energy and enthusiasm, an ability to work under high pressure and under self-management and who:
- Is fluent in spoken and written English; Dutch & French are an asset;
- Has proven experience in Travel (Business Travel) and/or Tourism industry;
- Has proven experience in Consular issues, visas, immigration and other complex travel and consular related expertise;
- Has proven administrative, organisational and computer skills;
- (Asset) has a relevant bachelor’s degree;
- Personal characteristics that include creativity, flexibility, and results- and solutions-driven
- A challenging and exciting position in a fast-paced international environment;
- A contract for one year with a full-time appointment based on 5 days per week, with the option for renewal. If found suitable, preference will be given to candidates able to start on the date required.
- A gross monthly salary scale 4 between 2,068 and 2,953 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment;
- Other benefits include 30 holidays based on a fulltime appointment and a premium-free pension plan
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and you would like additional information, please contact Cliona Stenton (Coordinator International Staff Support), email@example.com
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly via the ‘Apply’ button. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English. Please refrain from applying to this position if you do not meet the above mentioned requirements.
Start Date: This is a temporary position starting ASAP until the end of 2019.
Deadline for applications is 2 August 2019