Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) intervenes in emergencies and crises, to relieve human suffering from unmet medical needs and to create a space for humanity. MSF works to provoke a social and political response that meets the essential needs, and respects and protects the dignity, of people in danger. MSF strives to innovate and incite change through its medical action, its témoignage and its active reflection on the situation of populations in danger. Respecting its Charter and shared principles, MSF is an independent movement of citizen associations that are integrated and open to their societies. In a spirit of volunteerism, acting in proximity to and in solidarity with assisted peoples, MSFs members adhere to humanitarian principles and respect for medical ethics.
Artsen zonder Grenzen (MSF-Holland) is an Association of (former) field and office employees, with a Board keeping oversight. MSF-Holland has a partnership with MSF offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 800 international staff and employs 10,000 national staff.
To strengthen internal communication within the OCA partnership, with our field missions and within the Amsterdam office we are looking for an:
Internal Communications Officer (100%)
– Based in Amsterdam –
Are you the internal communication professional that is ready for the challenge to further improve the internal communication in a humanitarian international organisation that has grown rapidly over the past years? You will be responsible for the implementation of the internal communication strategy for OCA and MSF- Holland (MSFH) and part of the Directors Office team.
The Internal Communications Officer plays a key role in guiding the different internal communications initiatives throughout OCA, in order to streamline internal communications, engage staff and process internal communication requests. The Internal Communications Officer provides staff from all departments across OCA and (communications) counterparts across the Movement with regular/timely updates on key activities, projects and decisions to improve information sharing and visibility into organisational development. The scope of the Internal Communication Officer position ranges from within OCA to involvement in international internal communications network across the MSF movement. The Internal Communications Officer works closely with the OCA Leadership and Internal Communications focal points across the MSF Movement. The Internal Communication officer serves as a liaison to the OCA Management Team. In this position, you will collaborate with the OCA Partner Sections, Branch Offices, OCA Council, MSFH Board and MSFH Association to ensure alignment of internal communication.
- Implement the internal communication strategy for OCA and HQ Amsterdam;
- Develop and implement a yearly internal communications plan for OCA Leadership team;
- Maintenance and continuous implement relevant internal communication channels and processes;
- Measure the effectiveness of the internal communication strategy and activities;
- Document OCA projects success stories, lessons learned, key decisions and ensure maximum distribution of main messages among the most relevant internal stakeholders;
- Facilitates digital and in-person debates and presentations with participation from target audiences from across the OCA;
- Advice professionals on internal communication channels and support professional on the content to ensure effectively internal communication;
- Lead internal communication throughout OCA office in Amsterdam to optimize use of resources and to guide internal communication requests;
- Assist MSF-OCA and its projects in developing communications plans and tactics for information sharing and staff engagement.
We are looking for an internal communications professional with at least 3 years of professional experience preferably in an international work environment. Our ideal candidate should be a self-starter who works well both independently and as a collaborative team player. Ability to analyse communications aspects of diverse projects and complex situations to address communications challenges. Outstanding interpersonal skills are required, along with strong organizational and understanding of knowledge management. Ability to work in a dynamic environment is crucial to this position, complimented by a good knowledge and strong affinity with the work of MSF. An excellent command of the English language is essential.
- A stimulating, professional working environment in an international organisation.
- A Dutch employment contract for a year with a full-time appointment based on 5 days per week, with the option for renewal.
- A gross salary in scale 6, between 2.811,- and 4.015,- based on relevant professional work experience, for full-time employment (based on a 40-hour week).
- 30 holiday and premium free pension.
For more information about this position, please contact Yvette Fleming, Head of Directors Office by email email@example.com or phone + 31 6 33333017.
If you recognize yourself in the profile, please apply directly via our website. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
The closing date for sending an application is 9th of September 2019. The first round of interviews are planned in the week of 9-13th September.
*** Acquisitions regarding this position are not appreciated ***