The Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre is the expertise centre of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent in the field of climate change and climate disasters. The Climate Centres mission is to help the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and its partners reduce the impacts of climate change and extreme-weather events on vulnerable people.
The Climate Centre consists of an enthusiastic small team that guides a growing network of colleagues from all over the world in integrating climate risks into their work. The Climate Centre works closely with the Netherlands Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in Geneva.Due to a vacancy at the Climate Centre, we are immediately looking for an:
Experienced Financial Administrative Officer
Position within the company:
The Financial Administrative Officer is part of the core team of the Climate Centre, works closely with the Senior Administrator and reports to the Climate Centres Senior Finance Manager. The candidate would be working from the Climate Centre office in The Hague (NL).Envisaged start date 1 January 2020.
The Financial Administrative Officer is responsible for the administration of Climate Centre projects. He/she is an important pivot in our often hectic office (with a small team in NL and a number of employees abroad). We are therefore looking for an accurate colleague with an eye for detail.
- Accounting and administration.
- Maintaining the central finance mailbox, answering questions.
- Incoming and outgoing invoices.
- Checking time registration and declarations.
- Set up and check payments and bank statements.
- (assistance with) Project reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly reporting and annual closing.
- General project administration support.
- Excellent financial skills, strong in numbers and accounting.
- Experience in project organizations (including knowledge of time registration systems, declaration systems)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English, knowledge of other languages welcome.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Minimum of two years demonstrable experience in an financial/administrative position.
- Minimum MBO+/MEAO+ education.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with automated accounting packages (Exact is a plus)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Able to work with a diverse group of individuals and virtual environment in a professional manner.
- Able to build and maintain positive, effective relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Able to prioritize.
- Able to work independently.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- Accurate, proactive.
- Hands-on, team player.
A flexible and people-oriented working environment with room for initiative and development. A contract for 1 year with the possibility of extension. The full time (40 hours per week) salary for this position is between 2.727,23 and 3427,37 gross per month (scale 7 of the Climate Centre salary scales) depending on education and work experience. All additional benefits are as per the Collective Labor Agreement of the Netherlands Red Cross.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your application (in English) addressed to Marije Taat, HR officer at the Climate Centre at before 8 December 2019 through our online application system via https://werkenbij.rodekruis.nl/nl/Vacancy/Postulate/147681 Interviews will be held in the week of 9 and 16 December 2019.For further information about the position, please contact Marije Taat, HR officer at the Climate Centre at HR@climatecentre.org or 070-4455886. An assessment and reference check can be part of the selection process.
For more information about the work of the Red Cross Climate Centre, visit www.climatecentre.org and www.redcross.nl. Twitter: @RCClimateFacebook: @climatecentreLinkedIn: Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre
Acquisition as result of this vacancy is not appreciated