Within the department Logistics & Procurement, we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Business Analyst Logistics. In this role you will report to the Head of Logistics Department and you are in the lead of changes in current processes and
MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries with more than 11,000 staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
As of 1 February, we are looking for a:
Business Analyst Logistics (100%)
based in Amsterdam
Position within the organisation
Within the department Logistics & Procurement, we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Business Analyst Logistics. In this role you will report to the Head of Logistics Department and you are in the lead of changes in current processes and systems by re-engineering internal and external requirements.
In this role as your knowledge, experience and hard work directly contributes to advancing MSF’s social mission: assisting people around the world affected by conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, or exclusion from health care.
Are you looking for a job that engages your heart and soul? Then this is your chance to take part in making the world a bit better every day, and to enjoy the satisfaction, self-fulfilment and personal growth that is sometimes hard to find.
Objectives of the position
As a Business Analyst Logistics you are eager to initiate improvements from requirement definition till implementation. You will contribute to enhancing our recently introduced ERP system (MS Dynamics) through implementation of the identified roadmap for improvements of system effectiveness and efficiency. You have a strong ability to present information in a clear, concise and captivating way and a proven ability to strike the balance between the best and pragmatic solution.
Does your heart beat going faster from initiating improvements? Do you just not possess analytical skills but do you know how to use them to turn data into meaningful information?
- You will work on improvements defined following project or operational priorities, collects functional requirements and translates to system and process changes; interface between operational and reporting or ICT team
- You will monitor progress and timelines for implementation, aligning stakeholders and ensuring improvements are meeting organisational and system standards
- You will initiate collection of business requirements, assesses organisational impact and aligns planning of development and implementation with stakeholders
- You act as a sounding board for process owners and key users in finding best solutions for new functional or integration related requirements in processes and/or systems
- You support key users in the more complex system and process integration issues solving and handover newly developed features and reports to key users and end-users
- You do data analysis to identify root causes or data integrity between internal and external systems
You are a highly motivated, enthusiastic person with at least 4 years of professional experience. You have worked in a large organisation and you have experience in an international environment, with daily collaboration with and within multicultural groups. Your way of working is organised and you possess high time management and prioritisation skills. The work environment is at times hectic and unpredictable, which make flexibility, thinking out-of-the-box and eagerness to learn, important qualities. To do it well, you should be prepared to teach yourself everything that is relevant. You display attention to detail and can multi-task.
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Engineering, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- You have experience with ERP systems (MS Dynamics 365 or similar, please provide details in your resume) for procurement, inventory management, or sales order management is a distinct asset
- Having knowledge and experience in LEAN/SixSigma is a distinct advantage
- High excel proficiency is an absolute must
- You have experience with warehousing and/or international transport processes, preferably in a third-party logistics service provider and/or forwarder
- Project planning and project management skills are a plus; so is NGO working experience
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing), understanding of the Dutch language is an asset
- You are service-oriented, demonstrate initiative and have a good follow-up attitude
A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation. A challenging experience within a NGO.
A Dutch employment contract from 1 February 2021, based on 40 hours per week. The contract is for one year (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment.
A gross monthly salary in scale 6 between between € 2.875,- and € 4.106,- depending on professional experience, based on a 40-hour working week.
Attractive secondary benefits (e.g. premium free pension, 30 holidays).
If you recognize yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on his page and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the process).
The closing date for applications is 19 December 2020. The interviews takes place from week of 18 January 2021.
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information about the recruitment procedure, please contact:
Daphne Gorgels (Recruitment Consultant) at Daphne.Gorgels@amsterdam.msf.org
For more information about the position, please contact Marcel Langenbach, Interim Head Of Department Logistic, LogD: Marcel.Langenbach@amsterdam.msf.org
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
***Acquisition is not appreciated***