We are Medecins sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
As per 15 April, the association has a temporary vacancy for an:
Association engagement officer (80%)
Based in Amsterdam
The association is the heart of our organisation and challenges the executives to keep the organisation on track concerning our values and principles.
The role of the association team is to foster leadership and activism within the MSF-Holland association to cultivate a strong, vibrant, well-informed membership. The members elect the board, which in provides the general direction to the association. The members initiate and participate in the annual review of MSF-Holland activities at the General Assembly and they participate in debates surrounding the humanitarian activities of MSF-Holland and the international MSF movement.
POSITION AND MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
As the engagement officer, you are the central point of contact to the members. You are good at organising, initiating and facilitating events and you are a communications expert.
- You ensure a good and ongoing information flow and exchange with members on key MSF matters
- You communicate with the association members through social media, the website and newsletters
- You facilitate member activities (speakers pool and a peer-to-peer network)
- You ensure active recruitment of new members and maintain the associative database
- You support the secretary to the board in translating the board vision for associative engagement and you plan for development into action
- You lead and coordinate debates to ensure meaningful discussions
- You support the members in development of activities and you initiate activities throughout the year
- You maintain a collaborative relationship with other MSF associations to help build on a strong movement
- You master the English language (this is the working language in our organisation)
YOUR MAIN COMPETENCIES ARE
Planning and organisation
Teamwork and cooperation
A contract from 15 April till August 5. A salary in grade 5 (with a gross monthly salary between 2,429 and 3,469 depending upon relevant professional experience and based upon a 40-hour working week).
A premium free pension and 30 holidays per year based on a 40-hour workweek.
A challenging position in a stimulating, professional an international working environment.
Please note that unfortunately it is not possible to provide sponsorship in obtaining a work permit for this position.
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Diane Kirkland, OCA council coordinator at Diane.Kirkland@amsterdam.msf.org.
Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document. Deadline for application is 5 February 2020. Interviews will take place on 11 February 2020.
~~Acquisition is not appreciated ~~