MSF is an international, independent medical humanitarian organisation. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. We are a non-profit, self-governed, member-based organisation. MSF was founded in 1971 in Paris by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a worldwide movement of more than 67,000 people.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. The ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (OCA) is a partnership that is composed of the partners MSF-Canada, MSF-Germany, MSF-SARA, MSF-Sweden, MSF-Holland and MSF-United Kingdom. MSF-OCA operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 25 countries with more than 11,000 staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts more than 400 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations. Around 50 staff focus on recruitment, communication and fundraising in The Netherlands (MSF-Holland) and 350 staff are focused on supporting MSF-OCA operations.
At Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Artsen zonder Grenzen , we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. Our diversity fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our beneficiaries and the communities in which we work. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
The Logistics department plays a key role in ensuring logistic performance for the benefit of the programs conducted in the various project countries. The department consists of the Procurement Unit and the Field Support Unit. The Amsterdam Procurement Unit ( APU) is responsible for processing the orders from some 26 project countries and delivering a wide assortment of medical and non-medical goods to the projects within the required timeframe. A part of the assortment is strategically held in stock while the rest is procured on an as need basis. With immediate effect our Logistics department is looking for an:
Operational Procurement Officer (100% )
– Based in Amsterdam –
Objective of the Position
In the near future, the current role of the Operational Procurement Officer (OPO) as sole responsible for order processing and transport for a specific portfolio of countries will change. The process will be split in two functional parts , each with a dedicated team responsible for the day-to-day activities. Country focal persons for overarching topics like Service Level Agreements, Order & Transport schedules will remain. The two functional teams that are headed by an operational team leader will be :
Operational Procurement Officers (OPOs): as a team member you are responsible for receiving field orders and processing them in to purchase orders (to suppliers) including all related administration and follow-up.
Operational Freight Officers (OFOs): as a team member you are responsible for ensuring delivery of ordered items from the logistic service provider’s warehouse or supplier’s warehouse in case of direct deliveries to project countries including all related administration and follow-up .
The main activities of the role are as follows:
- Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for an effective and efficient purchase and transport process towards the project countries. You cooperate closely with logistic coordinators in the field with regard to contents and timing of deliveries and with colleagues in the department as far as availability of the items requested is concerned.
- Depending on the team you will be working in, you will furthermore be in regular contact with our suppliers for order arrangements or our logistic service provider for warehousing and transport arrangements.
- Support during emergencies might be part of your work. You represent APU in operational meetings with other stakeholders.
- Occasionally you might need to conclude Service Level Agreements with project countries for which traveling might be necessary.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible person with an MBO/ HBO-level education in a commercial or logistical direction or with comparable experience.
- You have worked at least 2 years in procurement and/or export & transport and you must be familiar with automated order processing systems . We currently use Microsoft Dynamics 365 , but experience with other ERP systems such as SAP , Navision or Oracle is also considered a plus .
- MSF or NGO experience is preferred.
- Good communication skills and fluency in English is essential.
- You furthermore are organized, service-oriented and result driven, next to a team player with initiative and good follow-up attitude.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment , multitasking and working with multiple deadlines.
Planning & Organisation Service Orientation Flexible Behaviour Results & Quality Orientation
WE OFFER :
A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation .
An employment for a year with a renewal option (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment.
A contract for a full time (40 hour) workweek . When based in Amsterdam the gross monthly salary will be in scale 5 between € 2,512 and € 3,588 depending on relevant professional experience.
Attractive secondary benefits ( e.g. premium free pension, 30 holidays).
INFORMATION & APPLICATION :
If you recognise yourself in this profile and meet the requirements, we welcome you to apply directly via the Apply button on this page and upload a letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the procedure) If you are interested and would like to have additional information, please contact Jasper Schouten , Jasper.Schouten@amsterdam.msf.org
The deadline for application is: 3 May 2021 at 23h59 CEST. Selection will be by means of two interview rounds as well as an assignment.
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information about the recruitment procedure, the terms and conditions or the organisation, please contact recruiter Linda Martens at email@example.com .
***Acquisition is not appreciated***