Information Change Leads
You will play a key role to transition teams to the new platform whilst working with new technology, understanding people’s information and collaboration challenges and get satisfaction from using your range of knowledge and expertise to resolve them.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent, medical, emergency relief organisation that provides assistance to people worldwide, regardless of their background, religion or political convictions. Above all, we aim to save lives and to offer medical care to victims of disasters, wars and epidemics. Working together with local staff, we give direct support to the population. MSF also appeals to those in power, including governments and international organisations, and speaks out about the abuses we encounter in the course of our work.
MSF coordinates operations through collaborations between global offices. ‘Artsen zonder Grenzen Nederland’ (MSF-Holland) has a partnership with offices in the UK and Germany. This partnership, known as ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA), operates medical humanitarian interventions in about 30 countries. Annually, MSF-OCA deploys approximately 1,500 international staff and employs 9,000 national staff.
The office of MSF-Holland located in Amsterdam hosts close to 300 employees, offering direct support to MSF-OCA operations.
With immediate effect our Programme Management Office department is looking for two
Information Change Leads: Office 365 Sharing and Collaboration platform (40 hrs/w)
Based in Amsterdam until December 2018
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is looking for two proactive, energetic and driven people with a passion for transforming organisations to work on a prestigious project for the ‘MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam’ (MSF-OCA).
We are rolling out a new Information Sharing and Collaboration Platform using tools and services in Office 365. This Information Change Lead position will play a key role to transition teams to the new platform. As a direct result of your work MSF-OCA and its field-based interventions will benefit.
The project’s objectives are to build a cloud-based platform using Office 365 tools and services to enable effective sharing across MSF-OCA, develop information and collaboration standards and ways of working, and rolling out the platform to all of MSF-OCA.
The roll out is to all functions and people in our European offices as well as in our medical humanitarian interventions in the field. There may be some travel to these locations but in the main the pilots and proof of concepts are being delivered by virtually team working.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference in an organization that already delivers an impressive positive global impact.
You will play a critical role in the success of the new platform and be a key catalyst of change. You will enjoy working with new technology, understanding people’s information and collaboration challenges and get satisfaction from using your range of knowledge and expertise to resolve them. We are looking for people who like working directly with people to agree the changes and have the analytical and organizational skills to make the change happen. You report to the Project Manager.
- Accountable for the successful transition of assigned teams to the new platform
- Expert on the strategic objectives, functional operation, potential benefits, policies and standards of the platform
- Understand the new ways working- to share information and collaborate in ‘the cloud’
- Undertaking Relationship Manager, Business Analyst, Information Specialist, Project Manager, and Change Manager roles for the assigned field mission and office departments and teams
- Working with multiple teams at the same time, potentially playing different roles with each teamwhen they are at different stages of their transition
- Transition responsibilities for each team:
- Building a productive working relationship with the team leaders
- Presenting to team leaders including practical demonstrations of how the new platform works and the benefits of transitioning
- Assessing the readiness of teams to change and possible resistors to change
- Analysing the functions and activities of the team and the existing team information
- Producing a Transition Plan based on the strategic objectives, functional operation, policies and standards of the platformand the functions and activities of the team
- Defining how the Platform should be used for team information
- Working with the Information Solutions Analyst to agree changes to the MSF Information Architecture
- Working with the Information Solutions Analyst to resolve unusual information challenges and ‘commissioning’ non-standard solutions to be built
- Compiling a benefits-based business case for the team to transition
- Managing the change in the team to new ways of working
- Working with the whole team and individual team members
- Understanding the potential barriers team members may have and providing to overcome them e.g. using existing training and support material, advanced users, or people who have already transitioned as role models.
- Answering questions about policy and standards
- Monitoring progress to organise their documents and proactively encouraging people to adopt the new ways of workin
- Tracking statistics so the success of the transition can be assessed and the benefits that have been realised by the change can be recorded.
- Closing down the team transition
- Three years in a similar role
- Expert in functionality and benefits of specific Office 365 collaboration tools: SharePoint online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, Groups, Teams, Delve, Video, OneNote, Sway and Flow
- Expert in how Office 365 collaboration tools can be used across multiple devices such as smart phones, tablets and desktops
- Knowledge and experience of SharePoint Online or ‘On premise’ SharePoint 2010 (or later) to a Super User level e.g. creating Document Libraries using Managed Properties, creating Custom Views, using an advanced Search interface, and creating pages using different kinds of information on e.g. web parts.
- Ability to undertake Relationship Manager, Business Analyst, Information Specialist, Project Manager, and Change Manager roles
- Understanding of Information management: particularly the lifecycle of information
- Understanding of Information Architecture
- Analytical and methodical working is your second nature
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven excellent reporting writing skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Project management qualification
- Excellent priorisation skills as well as excellent organisation and time management skills
- You have the ability to build mutual trust and understanding
- You are able to explain policies and standards and technical issues in an accessible and easily digestible way
- Judging what advice and intervention is appropriate depending on who you are working with
- You have the ability to flex your approach and the way you communicate depending on who you are working with
- Assessing when to escalate an issue
- Ability to develop productive relationships with awide range of people who vary in their understanding and expertise of working with new technology and their seniority
- Passion for organisation
- Rewarded by helping others
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment
- A contract until December 2018 based on a fulltime appointment (40 hours/week).
- A gross monthly salary between €2,709 and €3,870 depending on professional experience, based on a fulltime appointment
- Other benefits include 30 holidays and a premium-free pension plan
INFORMATION & APPLICATION
If you are interested in this post and would like additional information, please contact Mrs Alison Leahy, Programme Manager on tel. +31 (0)6 10 95 06 72.
If you believe that you fit the profile, you can react directly through our website. Please upload a letter of motivation and Curriculum Vitae in English as one combined document.
We welcome your application by Sunday 27th August 2017.
An assessment may be part of the appointment process.