Humanitarian Program Officer
Plan. Girls first
Plan Nederland is an international child-centered development organization that works to achieve equal rights and opportunities for girls and to improve the living conditions of girls and boys in developing countries. Plan Nederland works to achieve a world in which girls have the same opportunities and rights as boys, so all children can develop fully and equally.
Plan Nederland does this through programs in 52 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to improve the living conditions and future opportunities for girls and boys and to reach the world for children, with an emphasis on girls’ rights.
For our international Program Department we are looking for a:
Humanitarian Program Officer
full time (35hrs)
Purpose of the function
Managing humanitarian programs for Plan Nederland, based in Amsterdam, with regular field visits to the Country Offices in the Plan program countries.
Plan Nederland has recently enlarged its humanitarian portfolio and we’re looking for a strong program officer to support the office in acquisition of grants, management of programs, report writing and technical support of the Country Offices during emergencies. He/she will work on acquisition and development on project proposals and the day to day management of projects from the office in The Netherlands.
He/she will be working on including gender equality in humanitarian programs. He/she will be expected to support Plan Country Offices on compliance to donor requirements. Field travels for project start up workshops and on-going monitoring is expected. The position is for one year with possible extension.
- Project Management of Plan humanitarian projects from the National Office based in Amsterdam;
- Project monitoring, this includes process, finance and content;
- Drafting of Grant applications and grant management;
- Including gender equality in emergencies context in all aspects of internal policies, programming and reporting
- Ensuring compliance with all donor requirements (such as ECHO, MoFa) and related commitments under General and Special conditions;
- Supporting the National Office in developing, shaping and implementing our humanitarian strategy and raising our portfolio in the Netherlands by attending meetings and conferences.
Knowledge and experience
- A minimum of three years program management experience, in country experience with implementing/managing humanitarian programs is preferred;
- Developing and managing emergency programs focused on gender equality;
- Ability to communicate in English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent proposal writing and reporting capacity;
- Ability to travel for short and long periods often on a short notice;
- Experience in the sectors Food security and livelihoods or nutrition is an asset.
Competencies required for the position:
- Result orientated
- Planning and Organizing
- Stress Resistant
- Gender sensitive
Candidate is a multi-tasker who is capable of keeping focus under time-pressure, takes decisions independently, ready to operate with a team spirit, ambitious and meanwhile firm and precise in managing the program activities with (often) short deadlines.
A function in an international environment. Plan Nederland offers employees a solid benefits package with a salary of maximum 3400 euros gross per month, for 35 hours per week, depending on background and experience. Plan Nederland has a good pension scheme, 25 holidays, group health insurance and training opportunities within the job and for personal growth.
Are you interested?
- For questions about this position please contact Adriaan Ham, Operational Program Manager (0031-6-28762278) or Melle Brinkman, DRM Coordinator (0031-20-549 5518).
- Use this link to upload your cover letter and CV. Deadline to respond is May 1 2017.
Child safety is essential for Plan Netherlands. Plan Netherlands does not accept any form of abuse. This issue is discussed in our recruitment procedures.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.